#nothingwithoutyou

No I won't. This club does its best to make the "match-day experience" as expensive and difficult as possible. Sending out players for what I accept is a nice PR opportunity plays well but it doesn't change that. In every real way that makes me feel I count as a fan, they've failed.

And I'll go on saying it while the spineless ****s among our support carry on oohing and aahing about meaningless shit like this and Chappie's Taxi.

Beautiful.

You've either unconsciously or purposely missed the point.

Vinnie isn't breaking biscuits with the old dears because that's what he's decided to do this morning. It's a marketing effort intended to promote the club in a positive light and create fan engagement right around the time they're asked to decide whether they want to fork out a fortune or not.

Know that hashtag they're using? There would have been about 6 meetings about that, all deciding whether it fits their brand profile and what it is saying about Manchester City the company. "But what does Nothing really MEAN to people?"

This isn't some charity event they've pulled out of their arse. It's a carefully marketed and maintained approach in order to ultimately create a good atmosphere from the fans to the club. An atmosphere which they can then financially exploit in order to turn a profit.

Doing so in the same time period of yet more rises in what is among the poorest fanbases in the country is ridiculously hypocritical and PB was correct to jump on this for the saccharin based exploitation that this is. Yes, those people will never forget their day and it will be great for them. More power to them, I'm happy for them. But let's not pretend that the "Head of Fan Engagement" really gave a shit about that and instead wanted yet more datapoints about a marketing campaign that they can stick in the Annual Report.

Come off it Damo. Vinny is one of the most respected captains in world football. If he don't want to visit the fans he wouldn't be there. After the 4-1 Etihad Derby win. Vinny and his wife waited 20 minutes for my brother to return with his City shirt for VK to sign.

You are a conflating a separate issue that the people who run the Club don't appear to care about the fans. That may well be true.

Were you at Watford yesterday? Have you ever even been to a game? I paid £30 for a ticket yesterday. I've paid no more than £30 for any away game I've attended this season. Yet last season you could be charged £50+ for attending an away game. Fans fought for a ticket price cap yet our club was one of seven that voted against that. I't maybe cost us £0.5m on turnover of £430+m this season. About 0.1% of turnover, which is sod all. Yet the club who claims they are "nothing without us" didn't want that.

Yes what they've done today is a fantastic piece of PR but let's not pretend that anyone senior at City gives two shits about those of us who pay for tickets and put ourselves out to attend games.

I wasn't at Watford yesterday. I have however been to well in excess of 500 games. To be fair, city voting to reject the ticket cap was about the 19 teams coming to visit the etihad, not us. How many other clubs subsidised tickets in the past for arsenal/Chelsea away, the most expensive aways in the league.

Like I said. If you don't like what's going in, stop spending the money. It's pointless moaning about the ticket price increase and still buying a season ticket for next season anyway

Come off it Damo. Vinny is one of the most respected captains in world football. If he don't want to visit the fans he wouldn't be there. After the 4-1 Etihad Derby win. Vinny and his wife waited 20 minutes for my brother to return with his City shirt for VK to sign.

You are a conflating a separate issue that the people who run the Club don't appear to care about the fans. That may well be true.

You've missed the point. It's not about Vincent Kompany, the point was that he didn't just decide today to grab a camera crew and go to the old folks home.

Like I said. If you don't like what's going in, stop spending the money. It's pointless moaning about the ticket price increase and still buying a season ticket for next season anyway

Like the same way that it's pointless to whinge about a thread and then continue posting in that, perhaps?

I idolise Vinny but let's not kid ourselves. If the club hadn't told the players that they had to do this today then they wouldn't be doing it.
It's a nice thing by the way and I'm sure there's many a day been made by having the players turn up. But it'll be part of their contracts, nothing more nothing less.

I'm still waiting for David to show up...

Like the same way that it's pointless to whinge about a thread and then continue posting in that, perhaps?

How you seem them even slightly related baffles me. Discussing something I'm passionate about on the internet whilst I'm in work vs spending your hard earned money on something you believe is wrong....yeah, they're the same

Let's face it, none of the players would be doing this if they weren't contractually obliged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.