Notting Hill Carnival

What's the point of this ?

There seems to be stabbings every year and trouble.
It's a joyful outpouring of community spirit and west Indian culture. You can't just imply that it's an opportunity for drug dealing yardies to commit violent crime at huge cost in terms of both the victims and indeed of policing the event. That would be well racist.

It's a joyful outpouring of community spirit and west Indian culture. You can't just imply that it's an opportunity for drug dealing yardies to commit violent crime at huge cost in terms of both the victims and indeed of policing the event. That would be well racist.

And if you look at the stats, there are more arrests per head at Glastonbury compared to Notting Hill, but that doesn't fit the media's narrative.

What's the point of this ?

There seems to be stabbings every year and trouble.
It's an opportunity for the diverse communities across London to come together in a show of love and mutual respect - a joyous celebration of everything that is good, all done while off their heads and trying to avoid being stabbed. And don't let anyone in the media tell anyone otherwise.

Over the few days it's on, about 1 million people attend in total, so the crime rate is very low for the amount of people in attendance.

I've never had an problems whenever I've been.

Its about time Xmas was given the elbow too - causes far too much bother

What do you have to do to get arrested for possessing drugs there? I've only been once, but there were people openly taking cocaine in the middle of the crowd while no-one batted an eyelid. It seems like the only way to actually get into trouble would be to blow the smoke from your crack pipe directly into an officer's face.

What do you have to do to get arrested for possessing drugs there? I've only been once, but there were people openly taking cocaine in the middle of the crowd while no-one batted an eyelid. It seems like the only way to actually get into trouble would be to blow the smoke from your crack pipe directly into an officer's face.

agreed - they should use the bogs in the HoC like normal people do

Over the few days it's on, about 1 million people attend in total, so the crime rate is very low for the amount of people in attendance.
The general crime rate might be low (or more accurately, the arrest rate is low), but what about the stabbings? Eight people stabbed, including one that also involved a 'corrosive substance.' Is that normal at other large gatherings? Do we hear about multiple attempted murders at gay pride every year? Are people getting slashed at Glastonbury?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.