Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

Just got back and what a shit day it has been. City guilty of wastefulness, sloppiness and carelessness. Foden, Kev, Erling, Laporte & Rodri all missed gilt edge chances to put the game to bed. In the first half we should have been 3 up, but we seem to want to pass, pass, pass to score the beautiful goal and end up messing up.

Everybody around me could sense what was coming in that last 5 or 10 mins. Pep needs to quit this hybrid back 3/back 4 nonsense. Phil’s decision making is terrible at the moment, that attempted pass to Erling was shite, seems his confidence has gone, he could have rolled it in himself. Erling blazing over again after hitting the bar, poor! Looks like it should have been a penalty when Pep got booked, was it? Their goal went to var and we thought it was offside, especially when Haaland threw the ball back to Ederson who placed it for a free kick. Must have been close.

Friends - I didn’t watch the match and followed (helplessly) on Twitter. I have now seen brief highlights and it looks like we had a decent number of chances, didn’t take more than one (and that was a half chance) and came away with a draw.
That can happen.
We were fantastic on Wednesday and I walked away from the Emirates on a high.
I need to watch the full 90 of today but I was also in attendance against Villa and thought we were excellent.
I am disappointed, as we all are, but am I wrong in thinking that if we keep creating this many chances, we will win enough matches to win the league?

Xg is first rate american bollocks (with the greatest of respects to our American friends on here)

Just on the Grealish point , Sane didn't need an overlapping fullback , he could beat the fullback by himself.
Sane is left-footed and quicker. He could get on the outside himself and use his preferred foot to cross the ball. If forced inside, he had D. Silva, B. Silva, De Bruyne, Jesus, Sterling and Aguero to pick out. And, if we're being honest, at that time he was better than Grealish is now.

Such a baffling argument - he’s still capable of making fuck ups despite what he’s won.
Agree, no one is perfect, my comment was aimed at those who think they are and think they know better each and every game.

There aren’t enough regular goal scorers in the side. Too many players just take pot shots and hope they go in. When you rely on one player to get half your goals then it’s asking for trouble when that player is double marked all game. Playing for City, any player attacking from out wide, should be getting 15 goals a season minimum.
who has scored most goals in the prem this season ,err, manchester city.

Just got back and what a shit day it has been. City guilty of wastefulness, sloppiness and carelessness. Foden, Kev, Erling, Laporte & Rodri all missed gilt edge chances to put the game to bed. In the first half we should have been 3 up, but we seem to want to pass, pass, pass to score the beautiful goal and end up messing up.

Everybody around me could sense what was coming in that last 5 or 10 mins. Pep needs to quit this hybrid back 3/back 4 nonsense. Phil’s decision making is terrible at the moment, that attempted pass to Erling was shite, seems his confidence has gone, he could have rolled it in himself. Erling blazing over again after hitting the bar, poor! Looks like it should have been a penalty when Pep got booked, was it? Their goal went to var and we thought it was offside, especially when Haaland threw the ball back to Ederson who placed it for a free kick. Must have been close.
Agreed with most of the above, but felt Foden put in a strong performance in his first game back. He screwed up the pass to Haaland, but these things do happen. The signs were good, overall. But he needs to rebuild a bit of confidence at key moments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.