Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

I’d love to hear some feedback on this, but to me it looked like foden was ready to pass that ball to Haaland the second he received it instead of just going straight for goal himself. Looked caught between two minds there.

Reading this thread anyone who didn't watch the game would think we played crap. We played pretty good but didn't take some really easy chances we can nit pick at where things went wrong but 9 times out of 10 we win those games easily.Finishing aside I'm happy with the performance .Games like this happen for all the big teams thats football . If you want cheering up look at our away games left compared to Arsenal I'd say if we play and keep creating like today the titles ours.

With the home crowd with an Champions League winner as a goalkeeper, Forest was tricky. Especially if we did put the effort in (which we did for most parts)
Nope. We play down to competition... get a goal and think it's sorted. We'll be better but can't say on our current form it'll be good enough for more than a draw which I suppose will feel like a win away. IDK, I was certain we'd come out and lay a marker down this game and honestly looked as if we would early on.

Same issues- stale midfield with little service and Haaland as a result looking like he's running around looking for his car keys- lost.

Don't know how we fix that as the heart, grit and determination as well as on field leadership isn't there to overcome the bobbles.

Forest are championship and they got in the box about twice. We played them off the park.

I would say that if Pep had decided to make the Ake for Grealish or Foden change on 75 mins maybe the goal wouldnt have come. But who knows

He’s still our best keeper ;-)
I have always thought that but lately I am starting to question his shot stopping. Ortega is a better shor stopper and also good at passing.
I don’t blame Eddy for today at all. I am just expressing a nagging doubt I have.

We can win games 1-0 you know. Anyone can miss chances.

Pep didn't react to them making several subs. Just kept letting us get overloaded on Bernardo and they threw on a striker and scored. What a shock.
We didn’t keep getting overloaded at all

If we do limp to the title this year , the squad needs a big shake up , a couple of young hungry players with an abundance of energy is required , becaue some of our thirty something players are now showing signs of inconsistency/tiredness and cannot play 40/50 games a season.
I hope Kev is told to fuck off on holiday for a month After the last game of the season. He needs a proper break.

Is 1-0 not good enough?

Shore up the team and get out of there and keep ourselves top of the league. Instead he sat on his hands and let them change and overload us and they scored.
Outcoached? We could have won 6-0 easily...overload us? They only had the goal. Not even another half chance really. What match did you watch? Or you just saw the final result?

Thought the performance was good, the result and finishing was horrendous.

Thought when within a 20 minute period Foden fell over when all he to do was lay the ball off, Laporte heads into Navas balls, Haaland goes down instead of keeping his feet, then Haaland missed two sitters then yep they'll nick one and sure enough they did.

Left back needs sorting out in the summer, Bernardo is doing a admirable job and will continue to, but when we are pushed back against the better teams it feels like it is a massive weakness that position.

Not much more to say then we have ourselves to blame for that result

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.