Nottingham Forest (H) - Wed 31 Aug, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Kane did not have the pace against forest to take advantage of their high line. Haaland is devastating against a high line a few teams in Germany set up like that and he got a brace. If Forest do set up like they did against spurs I can see Haaland getting a few
Totally agree. They might not be daft enough to try that against us and Haaland might also be rested tonight. Upfront for Spurs on Sunday i’d have been surprised if he didn’t bag 3/4 the way that game was set up.

As the old Maine Road terrace song used to go.....

"We hate Nottingham Forest
Leeds and Liverpool too.
We hate Man United
But City we love you".
(To the tune of Elgar's "Land of Hope and Glory") (Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 )

It went out of fashion as Forest dropped down the divisions, but now it becomes relevant again.
I'd love to hear it sung again, for old time's sake.
Not any wonder it went out of tune.

As the old Maine Road terrace song used to go.....

"We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Liverpool too.
We hate Man United
But City we love you".
(To the tune of Elgar's "Land of Hope and Glory") (Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 )

It went out of fashion as Forest dropped down the divisions, but now it becomes relevant again.
I'd love to hear it sung again, for old time's sake.
I always felt sorry for Forest with that song - it was only a thing because it scanned.
They weren't even in the top division when we used to sing it in the early 70's so don't know how they'd upset us!

That could be your downfall because it’s sort of what we do and have been doing at a higher level for several seasons (no disrespect). Does that mean Cooper should change his philosophy for these games? Probably yes, if you have any hope of getting anything, because if you play fast and loose and leave gaps like you did against Spurs, it could be a thumping. That can have psychological consequences for your more winnable games. Looking at your approach against Spurs, if you can maintain that kind of tempo throughout the season, you can cause teams a lot of problems at home. Won’t be easy to keep it up though.
Yep - agree with most of that. I don’t expect to get anything out of the top six games but it’s the bottom 10 or so that‘ll define our season. We’re a pretty resilient side + another of Coops maxims is not to get carried away with either a loss or a win. Move on to the next game.

Not every PL game Haaland need to be started, a tactical decision to conserve his energy to prevent burnout and injury need to be considered.
I agree but we don't need to leave him out tonight. We've only played a few games and he is getting to know the other City players which is so important. Resting him will definitely be needed though in a few weeks time when we are in the middle of the 3 games a week run.

------------------------Ederson--------------------
---------Walker------Stones-----Dias--------
Bernardo------------Rodri-----------------Gomez
-----------------KDB-------------Gundo-----------
-------------------Alvarez--Haaland-------------

I agree but we don't need to leave him out tonight. We've only played a few games and he is getting to know the other City players which is so important. Resting him will definitely be needed though in a few weeks time when we are in the middle of the 3 games a week run.
Erling will get plenty of rest during the world cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.