Nottingham Forest (H) - Wed 31 Aug, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to 90 minutes of "champions of Europe you'll never sing that" from a bunch of fans all comfortably under the 60-70 age range you'd need to be to remember that happening. Hope we smash them and shut them up early.

Few guarantees about tonight;

• Forest fans will wave inflatable european cups and think it fuckin hilarious.
• Forest fans will sing “champions of europe, youll never sing that”, even though most werent even
• Forest fans will sing “where were you when you were shit”, without seeing the irony that when we were shit we still got more than them
• we will beat them 5-0

Few guarantees about tonight;

• Forest fans will wave inflatable european cups and think it fuckin hilarious.
• Forest fans will sing “champions of europe, youll never sing that”, even though most werent even
• Forest fans will sing “where were you when you were shit”, without seeing the irony that when we were shit we still got more than them
• we will beat them 5-0
"is this a library" etc etc.

------------------------Ederson--------------------
---------Walker------Stones-----Dias--------
Bernardo------------Rodri-----------------Gomez
-----------------KDB-------------Gundo-----------
-------------------Alvarez--Haaland-------------
Quite like that line up, but as Cancelo came off early on Saturday I’d be inclined to put him in at right back and give Kyle a breather

Most of our goals conceded have been soft, lack of concentration ones. The type of situation you get away with in the Champ but not at this level. I’d like to think that Cooper will be addressing those mistakes as a matter of urgency, but we are actually pretty resilient at the back under pressure. We do need to get the front 3 sorted though. I don’t know if we’ll start with the the Lingard/MGW/Johnson front line. I’d like us to drop Lingard for Dennis. Last season we were lightening quick on the break but obviously in a higher league with a new team, it’s still not come together. Two key components last season were Jimmy Garner and Djed Spence. Ts a work in progress but I’m impressed with how quickly we are getting it together.

Concentration and the inability of the defence to keep a line.
Several times v Spursy one defender decided to drop out of the line and play the opposition onside. Can't happen in the Premier league.
The offer issue v City will be the distance between defence and midfield , to cause zcity issues this needs to be close , closing down space, from what I have seen Forest can't or dont want to do this.

They can sing all they like about European cups, I wouldn’t swap a single one of our EIGHT league titles for one European cup. Winning a league title over 38 (42) games is the pinnacle of any season. The fact that in the 7 I have been alive for we beat united or dippers into second place makes it all the sweeter

Last edited:
They can sing all they like about European cups, I would bt swap a single one of our EIGHT league titles for one European cup. Winning a league title over 38 (42) games is the pinnacle of any season. The fact that in the 7 I have been alive for we beat united or dippers into second place makes it all the sweeter
No argument from me with that. It would be really great to win the Champions League but I’ll still take the league all day long if I had to make a choice

Have a feeling Erling won't start start tonight.

Cue pre and match day threads calling pep a **** if he puts him on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.