Nottingham Forest (H) - Wed 31 Aug, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought. You would think tonight will be the one he gets rested in, if any.

He'll start tonight and be subbed around 60mins if we're comfortable. I'd expect similar at Villa and Sevilla as well.

Spurs is the only game there where I'd expect to need him for the full 90mins.

He's 6th in the team on minutes so far this season, Rodri is 2nd and I don't think any of us are calling for him to be rested.

I've gone for a win tonight, but I'm not going to try and second guess the Bald Fraud on team selection. He'll pick the team based on who's fit and who is he thinks is ready physically/mentally to get the job done.

He'll know the spine of the team already, but no doubt there will be some last minute tweaking.
And ample amounts of flapping in here after the team is announced.

I don't think Haaland would be very happy to be on the bench tonight. Pep doesn't try things out, he picks a team to win the game. I think he may leave Mahrez out tonight and play Alvarez on the right. Then he has to chose between Gundo and Bernie in midfield. I am probably totally wrong. I trust Pep to make the right decisions.

Actually, that song, which I remember well, dates not from the seventies, but from as early as the sixties. Forest were something of a power in that decade. They had kind of a useful player called ‘Slim’ Jim Baxter, too.
In the sixties, Forest won no trophies, got to no finals, only got as far as a semifinal once, their average league position was 13th, only finished in the top 6 twice, finished 18th twice, 19th once and 20th once, and their average attendance for the decade was only 15th highest in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.