Nottingham Forest (H) - Wed 31 Aug, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Kane did not have the pace against forest to take advantage of their high line. Haaland is devastating against a high line a few teams in Germany set up like that and he got a brace. If Forest do set up like they did against spurs I can see Haaland getting a few

As the old Maine Road terrace song used to go.....

"We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Liverpool too.
We hate Man United
But City we love you".
(To the tune of Elgar's "Land of Hope and Glory") (Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 )

It went out of fashion as Forest dropped down the divisions, but now it becomes relevant again.
I'd love to hear it sung again, for old time's sake.
I remember that from back in the day, makes me smile. Are we reminiscing about the good old days? I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but we used to be quite good - won a couple of cups, we don’t like to talk about it though!

As the old Maine Road terrace song used to go.....

"We hate Nottingham Forest
We hate Liverpool too.
We hate Man United
But City we love you".
(To the tune of Elgar's "Land of Hope and Glory") (Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 )

It went out of fashion as Forest dropped down the divisions, but now it becomes relevant again.
I'd love to hear it sung again, for old time's sake.
There was for some reason after "Liverpool too" an addition of "and Leicester".

I think some have said we’ll set up to stop Haaland? The answer is no. The Cooper philosophy is to play our way and get the opposition adjust to us. Yes I know - your the Champions and good luck with that! You can expect that we will attack throughout the game, Press high with the ball and hit you on the counter when we can. Players will have specific instructions for certain players and situations but we won’t pick a team to park the bus.
That could be your downfall because it’s sort of what we do and have been doing at a higher level for several seasons (no disrespect). Does that mean Cooper should change his philosophy for these games? Probably yes, if you have any hope of getting anything, because if you play fast and loose and leave gaps like you did against Spurs, it could be a thumping. That can have psychological consequences for your more winnable games. Looking at your approach against Spurs, if you can maintain that kind of tempo throughout the season, you can cause teams a lot of problems at home. Won’t be easy to keep it up though.

Feeling another Haaland hat-trick tonight, he's going to be sat on 9 goals in 5 games wondering what all the fuss was about.

I think some have said we’ll set up to stop Haaland? The answer is no. The Cooper philosophy is to play our way and get the opposition adjust to us. Yes I know - your the Champions and good luck with that! You can expect that we will attack throughout the game, Press high with the ball and hit you on the counter when we can. Players will have specific instructions for certain players and situations but we won’t pick a team to park the bus.

It will be interesting to see how you set up. I actually think your best plan is to attack as our defence looks all over the place at the moment. Obviously if you do it could backfire badly, but teams do put eleven men behind the ball like Bournemouth and still get thumped. I thought you played very well against Spurs but had no one to finish the chances you created. Spurs didn't look to be firing on all cylinders but should probably have scored more on the break. Cooper is a good manager, getting you promoted from where you were when he took over was remarkable. Henderson will be a good signing for you. If you had a decent goalscorer to finish the chances you create I'd feel more comfortable about you staying up but they are hard to find. Like all newly promoted sides when the excitement fades and winter sets in you might start to struggle so I think you need to get as many points on the board before then, hopefully not tonight though.

As much as I want Haaland to keep smashing goals in and achieve ridiculous numbers, I’d also be buzzing for Alvarez if he starts this and bags a couple. Pep is always bigging him up, saying they’re so impressed with him etc. It would be nice for him to make the headlines this time, he’d deserve it. He’s scored a couple of poachers goals in the Barca friendly and in the community shield, but I can’t wait to see him produce a wow moment to really announce his arrival. Hopefully tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.