Nottingham Forest PL (H) | Man of the match

Player of the Match

• Total voters
Could have given it to any one of:
Haaland
Alvarez
Stones
Bernardo

But went for Gundogan he absolutely ran the show.

What a team performance that was. The motm could go to any one of seven or eight players. The thing with Haaland is he is extraordinary. That first goal was so good as Phil simply chipped the ball into space trusting that Haaland would get there. And he did whilst holding off the CB.

My choice though falls between Gundo and Rodri who simply made us tick and made us play. By a hairs breadth, Gundo who was simply superb all night.

Could have given it to any one of:
Haaland
Alvarez
Stones
Bernardo

But went for Gundogan he absolutely ran the show.
Same here. Goal scorers will always catch the eye but whilst Haaland is a superb talent he completes what has been set up for him. Players like Gundogan provide the platform for the goal scorers to excell.

I pondered any of Bernardo, Ilkay, Rodri - as others said they bossed the game and created the opportunities. Alvarez - a forward who runs around a lot (we do like that!) and scores goals (like that even more) or Stones and Dias who didn't let Forest have any sniff of goal. But in the end the Viking makes the difference - his awareness of where the chance will come and his instinctive finishing are something we have rarely seen before. I think his first touch was the first goal, his second touch was the lay off to Foden that then broke for his third touch and the second goal - this is what we have been missing, he doesn't need to miss a couple before scoring - everything else builds on the confidence that the bog man will score.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.