Notts County away 1991?

Alfons Groenendijk (?) played in the game as well.
Funny Reid had some real issues with players like Allen, but loved people Alfons and Danny Hoekman!!!

Yep was at this game and remember Allen's celebration - Reid didn't like him for some reason - it was a Sunday KO (6th October 1991) - the day before I passed my driving test!!!

charliebigspuds said:
I was at that game, funnily enough it was only the other week when me and my mates were discussing who was the best penalty taker City had ever had, I went for Allen as he always seemed to put 'em in off the inside of the post.
as did mark ward

simonk said:
I was at both of them.
Clive is in my top 5 city players of all time. He always made the keeper work.
But Reid wouldn't play him, as we had the goal machine Adrian Heath in the team, and Clive hadnt played for Everton.
After City end had been singing "you dont know what your doing/what the fvck is going on" to our management at Notts County, they eventually brought Clive on, who bagged with his first touch, and jumped on the fence at our end to celebrate. He was the first player Ive ever seen kiss his badge that day. Nowadays they all do it - but he was the first for me.
Treated disgracefully given his ability.
Sums up my feelings exactly. A sublime finisher, a natural goalscorer. Instead we had too suffer Adrian Heath scuffling about getting in the way, missing sitter after sitter and only scoring something like three times in 50 games as an out and out striker.
Absolutely baffling and mystifying that Heath was preferred to Allen, who was on a different planet to him technically. Some form of ex-Everton bias on the part of Kendall and Reid is the only rational explanation.
The delirious celebration on the freezing open terrace at Port Vale was up there with Micah at Villa Park and Vonky at Loftus Road for City cup fever

The penalty celebration was awesome, we were stood near the top of the terrace when he ran up to take it...

By the time things calmed down we were right at the bottom!

That was a brilliant day out and still think about it to this day.

Fantastic technique by Clive for the second.

He really was treated disgracefully by Reid.

I remember after we sold him, he scored the winner against Neverton and Kendall said something like I'll never forgive Peter for selling him.

And this from a man who had treated hardly any better than Reid!

Here's my recollection. Mini bus has just picked us up at our local and was just about to set off when the landlord opened the door and threw in a crate of pils along with the local pisshead and told us to dump him somewhere. We park up near the ground and leave the pisshead with a few beers and his plastic bag of nicked meat to mind the bus. Half time comes and as the players are going off, on marches the pisshead (he was ex guardsman), complete with plastic bag by his side, through the bemused players, all the way to the centre circle. Anyway, police arrest him and after the game, we go to the police to see if we can get him back. The police told us they got his name and rang our local nick to see if they knew him, they said our local police laughed and put the phone down on them, so they kicked him out. Finally found him in a near by boozer, offering the landlord to paint his pub with a bog brush for the price of a couple of pints . Happy days.

notts county was my first away game with City. Gun Inn Glossop on the lash early doors on a really sunny day.I remember there were fences at the front of the terrace though and for some reason everyone was absolutely pissed and the fences were being ripped down! Cant remember why. Paul Power missed a header from about 6 yds which would of won it for us but i think it hit the bar.
Very blurry which is a shame. Can anyone confirm i am talking sense or if i am dreaming it. Any footage?cheers

joe salford said:
notts county was my first away game with City. Gun Inn Glossop on the lash early doors on a really sunny day.I remember there were fences at the front of the terrace though and for some reason everyone was absolutely pissed and the fences were being ripped down! Cant remember why. Paul Power missed a header from about 6 yds which would of won it for us but i think it hit the bar.
Very blurry which is a shame. Can anyone confirm i am talking sense or if i am dreaming it. Any footage?cheers

i think you are in 1985 3-2 defeat, and about 14000 city fans taking over the place.

the longest h/t in history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.