Notts County Away

Two separate seasons-Bradford away to get promoted was 88-89 season, McNeill was manager from 84-86. Memories not as good as you say.
Swales lives said:
mrt4919 said:
Leicester will be lucky to win a corner in the replay.
Got me thinking about the last time I went to Notts County.
Thousands and thousands of blues there probably 10 to 15 thousend
0-3 down at half time on a promotion push,was in the open end and Blues everywhere all over the ground, decided we wanted the match abandoned.
It kicked of big style .
From memory the second half delayed maybe 15-20 minutes.
Knew a county fan a few years back and he said that it was the most violent match he had ever been to.
We lost
Won promotion at Bradford away though but thats another story

I remember that game well. I was around 17 at the time. Billy McNeill on the pitch at halftime trying to calm the City fans down as they tried to rip the fence down behind the goal. My over-riding memory of that day was looking up at the seats where a bunch of Blues dressed as clowns were going toe-to-toe with the police. It was probably the funniest thing I've seen at a match. Lost 3-2 that day.

mrt4919 said:
0-3 down at half time on a promotion push,was in the open end and Blues everywhere all over the ground, decided we wanted the match abandoned.
It kicked of big style .
Knew a county fan a few years back and he said that it was the most violent match he had ever been to.
We lost

Think Leicester will be well up for it - this is no gimmie - Yakubu has recently signed and he is a decent striker

dctid said:
mrt4919 said:
It kicked of big style .
We lost

Think Leicester will be well up for it - this is no gimmie - Yakubu has recently signed and he is a decent striker
the considered opinion is that he can't play

dctid said:
mrt4919 said:
It kicked of big style .
We lost

Dont think Yakubu will be elligible to play ,same as Dzeko.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1421662&page=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... 662&page=6</a>

This seems to suggest City will be on telly if we win, Sunday 30th January 2pm ko.

Can anyone confirm?

nunogo said:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1421662&page=6

This seems to suggest City will be on telly if we win, Sunday 30th January 2pm ko.

Can anyone confirm?

Surely not, we play on the Tuesday night.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
There we go

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acdX9XH20cw[/youtube]

Now, that brings back some memories!!

Decided to go on the spur of the moment on the day and bought me and me mate a couple of tickets from a tout (think it was a tenner each for five pound tickets) in the Notts County pen next to the City fans.

Good few scoops in the Trent Navigator (I think??) and into the ground.

Asked a policeman if they could let us into the City pen as we'd walked into the wrong section - he asked how did he know we were Blues, so we revealed our shirts underneath our sweatshirts....... he radioed someone and they opened the gates to let us across............. along with probably another hundred or so Blues!!!!!

I've never seen this clip, since Match of the Day, back then and I cannot believe how unlucky we were - well, typical City, I can believe it!!

I remembered Steve Cherry played a blinder that day, but I'd forgotten how many times we hit the woodwork - or that their goal came in the last minute!!

Only other time I've been there was in the old Division Three when The Goat equalised in the last minute..... but can't remember too much about that day - unlike that cup tie Youtube clip!!

mrt4919 said:
It kicked of big style .
We lost

I was there - I don't remember much actual violence.. It was the fact there were at least 10,000 of us penned into a tiny section, and 80% of the rest of the stadium was empty, and it was baking hot that day. I remember us spilling onto the pitch when the barrier broke, and before we could ever react, the police horses were on the pitch. It was not long before Heysel and Hillsborough and could have become something really bad, the way they squeezed us in between barrier. The scuffles didn't really start until the horses started in on us. I do remember someone setting off a fire extinguisher. And having to explain to my headmaster what happened. Hard to pretend you were actually in school when your photo is in the paper under an article "Worst Ever Day of Violence" or something.

Fashanu shredded us in the first half.

We scored 2 in the second half... goal difference kept us in promotion position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.