Notts County Away

That video and Steve Cherry's performance got me thinking about Nathan Blake for Cardiff against us. We haven't half had some horror shows in cups down the years.

There's a small, poor quality clip of it on there;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/loadsngl.asp?cid=ED22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/l ... p?cid=ED22</a>

Reminds me a bit of Macken's in the TC trophy against Olympiakos some years back.

citykev28 said:
can anyone tell me more about the notts county game on 11th september? it's a game that intrigues me and that poster earlier suggested that it was a surreal match.

very strange match in a very strange atmosphere....to my shame i still managedto miss k.o after falling out of The Navigation pub next door to the ground, was beered up, five mins late
and just walked into what felt like a morgue-had been boozing with "Moonbeam"(debs ) and she is really to blame for me being drunk at such a strange match.

Can't remember if it was the 3-2 or the cup game, but seem to remember some of the Mayne line or Guvnors got into the City changing room after the game and kicked off with our own players.

mrt4919 said:
Leicester will be lucky to win a corner in the replay.
Got me thinking about the last time I went to Notts County.
Thousands and thousands of blues there probably 10 to 15 thousend
0-3 down at half time on a promotion push,was in the open end and Blues everywhere all over the ground, decided we wanted the match abandoned.
It kicked of big style .
From memory the second half delayed maybe 15-20 minutes.
Knew a county fan a few years back and he said that it was the most violent match he had ever been to.
We lost
Won promotion at Bradford away though but thats another story

Pretty sure it was the 5-1 at home to Charlton that got us promoted the week after Notts County.

Ian said:
mrt4919 said:
Leicester will be lucky to win a corner in the replay.
Got me thinking about the last time I went to Notts County.
Thousands and thousands of blues there probably 10 to 15 thousend
0-3 down at half time on a promotion push,was in the open end and Blues everywhere all over the ground, decided we wanted the match abandoned.
It kicked of big style .
From memory the second half delayed maybe 15-20 minutes.
Knew a county fan a few years back and he said that it was the most violent match he had ever been to.
We lost
Won promotion at Bradford away though but thats another story

Pretty sure it was the 5-1 at home to Charlton that got us promoted the week after Notts County.

It was mate. The OP has his years mixed up. Notts County was followed by Charlton in 1985.

Bradford away followed the 3-3 draw with Bournemouth in 1989.

didnt micheal brown score his wondergoal against them in the cup 4-0 or 4-1 at home rosler got a couple i think.

scall said:
I remember when we last played at Notts County.

11th September 2001.

Most surreal football match I've ever been to.

Fuck yeah.

Strangest atmosphere i've ever witnessed. don't think anyone was fully on the game. Even when the goat got the equaliser late in the game.

bluesharx said:
didnt micheal brown score his wondergoal against them in the cup 4-0 or 4-1 at home rosler got a couple i think.

browns wonder goal was in a replay at home to darlington 98/99

we won 1-0 and went out in the next round at wimbledon when we had more away fans there than home fans!

mancityvstoke said:
Here's a photo from August 1998? Division 2 (Old Division 3) 1 - 1

nqyat0.jpg
I remember this game well, we played shit and the goat, 'newly signed' missed a few chances. I was at this point still unimpressed With our new striker.. DOH!!! it was late Aug1998. I went outside quite pissed off for a smoke (used to smoke in those days but as a blue then it was mandatory). I heard the roar of the equaliser while outside, it was a really late Goat equaliser 90+mins I grew to love him not too long after that.
Went to the 3-2 too and that was amazing I helped put a fire out in the wooden stand and that's when the fire extinguisher came out. The fencing was serious and a bit scary with many of us packed in, so a few of us climbed out and were chased by the cops into the wooden stand which I think was a county stand full of blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.