Now is the time.

excellent heartfelt post.
i would say though the time is approaching fast that the safety first phase is at an end before he loses great swaves of support.
the lack of goals will kill us if we don't change tack.

Generally some good points made , except for the one about attacking football not working these days.
Seems to work OK for Chelski, the scum and Spuds !!

dom said:
Generally some good points made , except for the one about attacking football not working these days.

I am not suggesting a non attacking formula, just not one like was able to be fielded in years gone by, and though you mention Chelski, the Rags and Totenham, Chelsea is the only one that in honesty your view applies to.
Chelsea are the model we are following, because it's based on a very solid defense as the pre-requisit for their attack, which has got better and better over recent seasons, but it has to be said, they are not anywhere near the same team without Drogba, and I'd go so far as to say, if we had Drogba in our attack, we'd already be as good as Chelsea are.
Totenham are good up front, but are a liability at the back, quite reminiscant of how we were at the time Mancini arrived.
Utd are poor in defense and only great in an attacking sense, though how they will emerge when Giggs and Scholes are finished and if Rooney leaves, is yet to be seen.

I'm living in America (originally from Scotland) and even over here they're talking on the sports shows about Mr Mancini not being good enough considering the team he has at his disposal. I think he's too negative but will support him while he's our manager.

Lordeffingham said:
dom said:

I am not suggesting a non attacking formula, just not one like was able to be fielded in years gone by, and though you mention Chelski, the Rags and Totenham, Chelsea is the only one that in honesty your view applies to.
Chelsea are the model we are following, because it's based on a very solid defense as the pre-requisit for their attack, which has got better and better over recent seasons, but it has to be said, they are not anywhere near the same team without Drogba, and I'd go so far as to say, if we had Drogba in our attack, we'd already be as good as Chelsea are.
Totenham are good up front, but are a liability at the back, quite reminiscant of how we were at the time Mancini arrived.
Utd are poor in defense and only great in an attacking sense, though how they will emerge when Giggs and Scholes are finished and if Rooney leaves, is yet to be seen.

Couple of points, it's far easier to sort out the defence than to sort out the attack. Stopping goals mean you do not lose, scoring goals means you have at least a chance of winning. Another bug bear for me at the moment is the "Rome is not built in a day" mentality. The World Cup is often won by teams that have only played a few games together. Football is an incredibly simple game, the basis of which is that to win you must outscore the opposition.

why if platt is " a brilliant coach" was he out of work for so long, until his buddy got on the phone. ?

Excellent OP.

Brum never really looked like scoring on Saturday, and now that our first-choice defence is finally in place, teams will find it increasingly difficult to penetrate our back line.

Also, now that JB17 and AK13 are in the team, I think we will see a more attacking line-up, as was the case on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.