Now is the time.

I agree with a lot of what the OP has said.

However there are two things i dont agree on entirely

There has been much made of his overly defensive tactics, but most of this I'm certain, is simply because, though we all deep down would love to be able to watch the very naive open expansive attacking play we witnessed here in the sixties and seventies, like it or not, the game has developed and that sort of gung ho approach in todays premiership would be suicidal.

While i understand what you are dsaying and agree that the game has changed the problem is at the moment is that mancini hasnt got the balance right. As you point out, he has done wonders with the defence but our attack has been blunted...we are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. That stat alone proves the point.

but in all honesty, we only have De Jong who could be correctly labelled as such. That doesn't mean that Vierra, Barry and Yaya aren't able to assist in the defensive element when required, they are, however they offer as much if not more going forward.

dejong is the only player labelled as a holding midfielder....However the problem is while the others you mention arent holding players (though barry does his best work for england in this role)...neither are they particularly creative or attack minded and they certainly arent playing in that fashion. Yaya is the only one getting forward and he is (as the others are) are pretty inaffective in that role....and Milner is adding very little either. When you watch the games dejong rightly holds but barry and milner offer very little in the terms of support for our attack (especially barry)...neither does viera when he is played.....he has too many similar types of players in the midfield and they are too concerned with holding a certain shape (that is bourne out by AJ comments today and other players who have said the same thing in that RM concentrates mainly on the players discipline in holding to a certain shape.....this leaves the front 3 very isolated.....Now if we are going to do a chelski and play this way then as a front 3 we need to have tev balo and ade.....they have pace power and everything else so even if they are isolated they can still produce something

the question ive been asking myself after recent comments by RM (and I may be clutching at straws here) is that Im hoping he is waiting till dec/jan to see if we are still in contention with the likes of chelski/arsenal and utd...if we are Im hoping he will have a change of tact and really go for it...especially when they top 4 from last year all have to start their champs league programmes again which will put extra stress on their squads

Very good post.

If RM in a mad "lets improve my english" moment decided to come on here after we have had a slip-up in a game, he would think he was hated by all and sundry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.