now we can have a day out :)

Pigeonho said:
Would have preferred united, purely for ease of a win. Bit of a bogey team, Sunderland. That said though we have enough to make the trophy ours.
5 Weeks Sunday. Best book the Monday off to rest what will most definitely be an aching head.

Only at their place but they will give us a game

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Has anyone stopped laughing yet?

exactly, ehehehe

and reading this brought a further smile:

Pellegrini's juggernaut awaits

The good news for Sunderland is that a trip down Wembley Way for the chance to win the season's first pot is the prize after extra-time and penalties. The bad tidings are that the killing machine known as Manchester City are the opponents and if the prospect of facing Manuel Pellegrini's men does not bring trepidation, maybe it should. Put bluntly Sunderland are just not in City's class, so the ability of Gus Poyet to inspire his men now faces a serious examination. To beat the only side still in with a shout of an unprecedented quadruple, Sunderland will somehow have to find a way of halting Sergio Agüero and Álvaro Negredo, the forwards who have each scored 22 times this season. Yet even if both have a quiet day in the final – this has not occurred this season – then Yaya Touré, David Silva and Samir Nasri await, in a team at the height of their powers. Still, optimists will say this is sport and dust off the stand-by truism of football being a funny old game. It may need to be.

(from Jamie Jackson in the Grauniad)

i kne albert davy said:
I must be the only one who fancied turning Utd over in the final that would have just completed their misery this season.
I wanted them as well mate, we would have humiliated them, rag fans have never bothered coming anywhere near our little lot so not even given them a second thought, on the train down for the semi it was all blues anyway and after in Camden Town they did not want to know mind they had no women and kids to attack

Ducado said:
Pigeonho said:
Would have preferred united, purely for ease of a win. Bit of a bogey team, Sunderland. That said though we have enough to make the trophy ours.
5 Weeks Sunday. Best book the Monday off to rest what will most definitely be an aching head.

Only at their place but they will give us a game

Our recent record against Sunderland and the memory of our FA Cup final defeat by Wigan should at least remove the possibility of any complacency

Sunderland have been a bit of a bogey club for us. I don't want to make friends with them, I want to see us wipe them out on the day.

However it is nice there will be no horrid Rags at Wembley.

Gonna be a great final..well done Sunderland,youve brought a smile to my face this morning.

mansour's tow ropes said:
how will this affect ticket sales for the game I wonder?

It wont. A final is a final and demand will be as high as ever.

Problem for fans with no ST is that all ST whether going or not are likely to use their ticket for a mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.