Nuclear war - has it started?

Aye but I think Fatman and Little Boy are a fraction of the power in them today. There were a lot of deformities and other illnesses in Hiroshima/Nagasaki (if they're not fake pics).

bkyiwqpnme88tbr1tda2.gif

There wont be a nuke strike mate, not a chance but there will be hundreds of cruise missiles being aimed at virtually every single site and base they feel needs taking out and i would be amazed if they didn't try to take the leader out as well.

Do we sit on our hands for the next few years and wait for him to develop a nuclear option or do we say enough is enough?

Even China despite the recent statement calling for calm knows his time is up.
Well there could be no one off show of force attack in that scenario, the US would have to commit to launch a massive attack on all missile bases in N Korea to prevent them striking back at Japan and South Korea.
Not sure Trump would get any approval from anyone for launching such an attack BEFORE N.Korea had developed a long range warhead capable of hitting the US and without attempting jaw jaw.

Israel sent jet fighters into Iraq to destroy their nuclear programme a number of years ago.

No need for Nuclear option when the US can aim hundreds of cruise missiles at North Korea's sites and set them back years.

It will also ensure Iran doesn't benefit from the missile technology in the future.

Obama buried his head in the sand and this is where we're at.

Trump or not, it was always going to arrive to this point.

McMaster is calling the shots now, and that is no bad thing.

Got too agree with this, there would be no need for America to use nuclear weapons.

There is of course a huge amount of hysteria in the gutter press putting the shits up those who have less of an understanding of all this. World war 3 and all that.

Here is why nuclear weapons and world war 3 are both unlikely to happen.

China are not greatly impressed by N Korea and most certainly dont want them to have nuclear weapons. If nobody else stops N Korea getting nukes then China would have to. There are maany reasons why China would not allow N Korea to have them. Whilst China will think it not ideal to have the US Military in N Korea this would be over ridden by having some one else sort the problem out. Infact I suspect that amongst other things the Chinese president has probably in effect told Trump if he wants to go in as long as there is no using of nukes and the US fuck off out of it once the job is done then the Chinese will do no more than make the appropriate noises whilst infact being quite relieved that they themselves havent had to sort it.

Russia have no wish to see a nuclear armed N Korea and have no affiliation to them and will take much the same view as China, not too mention Putin will be perfectly happy to see America distracted from Syria and their forces stretched. So Putin wont have an issue with it, again the right political noises and condemnations will be forthcoming.

If Kim has the bottle to conduct a test then I suspect that will be the signal for tin hat time over there. Dependent on North Korea being prepared to retaliate big time in the event of the Yanks hitting them it may be a very spectacular messy but short conflict.

N Korea has a huge army and an awful lot of weapons, but all the kit is obsolete. The US and S Korean air forces would be able to fly virtually unchallenged within hours of any outbreak of hostilities and would take out much of the Norths weaponry within days.

It would be by no means without cost and significant casualties but if they go after North Korea now, and as you say this is the window to do it, more so whilst they may have the secret blessing of China it would probably save a much more difficult problem in ten years time.

I must admit I am beginning to think that this time it is going to kick off royally and I would not be too keen on a holiday to Seoul just now.
Glad you've got it all worked out mate.
So nothing a few hundred thousand deaths won't solve then ( initially).
Direct and unintended consequences? Obviously not for the likes of you.

Glad you've got it all worked out mate.
So nothing a few hundred thousand deaths won't solve then ( initially).
Direct and unintended consequences? Obviously not for the likes of you.
So you don't think that Kim will fire off an inter continental warhead at America as soon as he has the capacity?

So you don't think that Kim will fire off an inter continental warhead at America as soon as he has the capacity?
Don't know mate.
Any solution has to involve China.
Maybe China could starve N.Korea of food and fuel supplies. The country might collapse. US could then move it's troops out of the peninsula (Times).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.