Nuno Mendes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've made over £70m in transfers plus Mendes coming in would lead to probably Mendy leaving which will bring more cash in.

We could easily do all three
Nobody is paying us a fee for Mendy. Nobody is stupid enough to match his current wages given his injury record and performances.
He is here for another year at least unless we heavily subsidise his salary on loan somewhere

Nobody is paying us a fee for Mendy. Nobody is stupid enough to match his current wages given his injury record and performances.
He is here for another year at least unless we heavily subsidise his salary on loan somewhere
Our best hope is for him to find some form and rhythm and we can sell him for cheap to Serie A or somewhere next year.

He will sit on his contract to the bitter end and then end up in one of the Middle Eastern retirement leagues
Bit harsh that, not like he self sabotaged his knees and said yep, let's collect money. Also it's a good indication of how we treat our players, others would get sidelined or put on the market right away post recovery, Pep instead gave Mendy a chance at finding his feet again, that's quite commendable. He's now had a season without injury, maybe this coming season he can play more, he will have a full pre season as well, I'm expecting him to be better than last year for what it's worth. After that, yeah, ultimately, we want improvements and he'll be moved on.

Bit harsh that, not like he self sabotaged his knees and said yep, let's collect money. Also it's a good indication of how we treat our players, others would get sidelined or put on the market right away post recovery, Pep instead gave Mendy a chance at finding his feet again, that's quite commendable. He's now had a season without injury, maybe this coming season he can play more, he will have a full pre season as well, I'm expecting him to be better than last year for what it's worth. After that, yeah, ultimately, we want improvements and he'll be moved on.
I admire your optimism

We are not trying to sign this player.

It is very rare that City go out of their way as they did back in mid-May to email the press pack and tell them it was not true.

City can't walk back something like that and had no reason to either confirm or deny.

Insisted it was Sporting and his agent getting giddy.

We should send him to Troyes on a 2 year loan, that is 2 years to convince Troyes or anyone else that he can still pull his weight, we should make it clear that he is not getting a squad number next season. Job done

We are not trying to sign this player.

It is very rare that City go out of their way as they did back in mid-May to email the press pack and tell them it was not true.

City can't walk back something like that and had no reason to either confirm or deny.

Insisted it was Sporting and his agent getting giddy.
Think it was me getting giddy:) but it could be that City backed off for fear of tapping up, as you say it was very unusual and now are trying to get the buyout clause down?.
Any way that is my hope and i am sticking with it until the last minute:) then i am crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.