Oasis, Heaton Park

how full does it get outside the pit early on? me and me mates are gunna head down about 5 ish, am i gunna be right at the back?

SWP...Legend said:
how full does it get outside the pit early on? me and me mates are gunna head down about 5 ish, am i gunna be right at the back?
It got quite full about 4.45, when the first band was about to come on. Better off getting in at around 4 so you can get close to the front and not at the back.

Free Peace were quite poor.

Twisted Wheel were quality, this is when it started to buzz more.

The Enemy were fucking quality, was in front pit with Ash, and was mad as fuck!

Kasabian were a bit of a let down, started getting to rowdy so moved back. Still good view mind.

Oasis were better then expected. Came out smelling of Cider and Beer, thankfully not piss ;-).

Overall; top quality gig. Wish I could do it again tomorrow.

I'm getting too old for this outdoor concert lark. I'm fucked today. We got there about 5 and couldn't get near the front. My missus is a short arse and couldn't see anything all night. Got covered in ale, nearly leathered half a dozen pissed up students who were generally being wankers and plus the fact i've got tonsilitis didn't help. We had to walk back into town which took about an hour and half.
This is the fifth time i've seen oasis and it will be the last. If they tour again, i'll only go if they make it over 30's only.
We had a good time though.

Thanks for the info lads, where is the entrance tonight? sheepfoot lane ? going about 3 o'clock as my daughter is only 10 so want to stand out off the way somewhere as i guess the front section is out of bounds!!

Went last night. Got in early in the front pit, first couple hours waiting pretty much bored. Then got hit by piss a few times and thought why am I here? Free Peace were dia. Then Twisted Wheel came one and they seem to liven everyone up, and tbh they did sound good. I think they could become a good established band. The Enemy were feckin' brilliant, totally didnt expect them to be that good, espically when we'll live and die in these towns was played. Then when piss hit me, I didnt care as the astmosphere had picked up and everyone was buzzing from then. To make it better Kasabian came on, and they blew me away. Fire and LSF live are just awesome! Last but not least, and saving the best till last is Oasis. They was unbelieveable last night. People who think there past it are stupid imo. Last year Liam sounded shit in the 2008 tour, not finishing his lines etc. But last night he was on top of his game. One of the best nights of my life last night.

And any information for people who want to get in the front pit, go in about 3 id say, it got full at about 4 so going in at 3 would make sure you got into the front pit.

bluestew said:
Thanks for the info lads, where is the entrance tonight? sheepfoot lane ? going about 3 o'clock as my daughter is only 10 so want to stand out off the way somewhere as i guess the front section is out of bounds!!

you will be ok standing right at the back of the front pit mate.thats where i was last night and there's plenty of room there.stand in front of the back fence and no worries getting squashed then. saw a few kids your daughter's age there and no problems.decent enough view as well.

can't help you with the entrance question tho. thats the first time i've ever been there and havent a clue what the roads are called.

by the way you're in for a great night oasis, kasabian, and the enemy were all excellent. a good reward for having to sit through twisted wheel (the sort of band who i'd hoped had died out at the arse end of britpop). even free peace were better then them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.