Oasis, Heaton Park

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Any knobhead who thinks that pissing in a bottle & throwing it is a good idea should be disembowelled very slowly with a rusty kebab skewer.
WTF is that all about?

too right i fuckin hate that and i went there yesterday expecting that to happen. but its the first time i think i havent been hit with beer at an outdoor gig for years.
i went to the echo arena in liverpool to see oasis october last year and that was far worse for beer throwing and scallies. noel even got hit with beer when he came on for the encore and wass well pissed off.but then again it was self pit city.

Try and get there early so you can get in the front pit - heard about 4ish would do. By the time i got there i still managed to get near the front of the second pit, but i thought it was shit, it just didn't seem very loud.

Stevinio said:
I'm getting too old for this outdoor concert lark. I'm fucked today. We got there about 5 and couldn't get near the front. My missus is a short arse and couldn't see anything all night. Got covered in ale, nearly leathered half a dozen pissed up students who were generally being wankers and plus the fact i've got tonsilitis didn't help. We had to walk back into town which took about an hour and half.
This is the fifth time i've seen oasis and it will be the last. If they tour again, i'll only go if they make it over 30's only.
We had a good time though.

lol! I'm 41 and the Mrs is 42 and we both feel like we've been trampled by a herd of elephants in the night! We were right at the front of the second level and didn't stop bouncing all night. Love Twisted Wheel and Kasabian so it was non-stop. Think I was a bit pissed, well al lot pissed actually. It felt great to be pushing everyone about again bouncing around with all the 20-odd year olds. When I got home I found a full bag of weed in my coat pocket. I have absolutely no idea how I came to acquire it as neither me or the Mrs smoke!!!! All in all it was a top day/night but I don't want to do it again in a hurry!

Jay-Mcfc said:
Free Peace were quite poor.

Twisted Wheel were quality, this is when it started to buzz more.

The Enemy were fucking quality, was in front pit with Ash, and was mad as fuck!

Kasabian were a bit of a let down, started getting to rowdy so moved back. Still good view mind.

Oasis were better then expected. Came out smelling of Cider and Beer, thankfully not piss ;-).

Overall; top quality gig. Wish I could do it again tomorrow.

Agree with that Jay. I was right at the front of the front pit aswell and thought Twisted Wheel started to get things going and were quality. I wish Kasabian could have picked a better set list but I had to move back for Oasis due to some tit throwing a bottle which found its way to the back of my head.

SWP...Legend said:
how full does it get outside the pit early on? me and me mates are gunna head down about 5 ish, am i gunna be right at the back?

The pit gets full fairly early but it was very easy to get out of the pit and go for a piss beer etc, I went for a beer before Oasis came on and managed to push my way to the front 5 rows before the gig started...

Jay-Mcfc said:
Free Peace were quite poor.

Twisted Wheel were quality, this is when it started to buzz more.

The Enemy were fucking quality, was in front pit with Ash, and was mad as fuck!

Kasabian were a bit of a let down, started getting to rowdy so moved back. Still good view mind.

Oasis were better then expected. Came out smelling of Cider and Beer, thankfully not piss ;-).

Overall; top quality gig. Wish I could do it again tomorrow.

I would agree with this. Top night, want to go again

happymoondays said:
Was it a mud bath last night? and do you get searched on the way in?

It wasnt as bad as I expected and only bags got searched if you are taking one.

Did anyone use the park and ride if so where was it and how long did it take to get to the park from there, did you have to pay

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.