Oasis reunion?

All that is understandable, in the modern media age Oasis won't fade as they are the main part of what was the britpop genre and were put up as this shininh star of great music revival, even though if you look at the other three band, Pupo, Suede and blur were musically and lyrically much better, yet oasis are seen as the face of the early 90s music era.

Also they promoted the lad image and football culture image well to their advantage that they still get top coverage whenever they make a comments.

Doesn't mean their music is any better than aveeage though to many.

If you’re judging on musical ability there were obviously bands out there with more musical ability and I agree that Blur and Pulp amongst others had more meaningful lyrics. I’m not judging them on any of that - I’m a fan of prog rock and classic rock and Oasis won’t touch any of those bands on musicality or lyrics. But for what they did (simple pop/rock) they did it well and I don’t think they were revolutionary. Today’s teenagers don’t remember Brit pop and they weren’t exposed to the Oasis laddish image that filled the music press at the time - they simply like the songs and that’s why they play them. They don’t play Pulp, Blur or Suede

If you’re judging on musical ability there were obviously bands out there with more musical ability and I agree that Blur and Pulp amongst others had more meaningful lyrics. I’m not judging them on any of that - I’m a fan of prog rock and classic rock and Oasis won’t touch any of those bands on musicality or lyrics. But for what they did (simple pop/rock) they did it well and I don’t think they were revolutionary. Today’s teenagers don’t remember Brit pop and they weren’t exposed to the Oasis laddish image that filled the music press at the time - they simply like the songs and that’s why they play them. They don’t play Pulp, Blur or Suede
Today's teenagers might just be stupid.

. Today’s teenagers don’t remember Brit pop and they weren’t exposed to the Oasis laddish image that filled the music press at the time - they simply like the songs and that’s why they play them. They don’t play Pulp, Blur or Suede

But is that more because, as I,previpusly simaid their promotion as the face of britpop and their own self promotion mean they are given a lot more exposure thant the other three better bands, I mean when do you hear suede or pulp played often on mainstream channels to get the same recent popularity.

I look at it purely musically not from a popularity angle and musically oasis are not better than many bands that ae harldy given air time

But is that more because, as I,previpusly simaid their promotion as the face of britpop and their own self promotion mean they are given a lot more exposure thant the other three better bands, I mean when do you hear suede or pulp played often on mainstream channels to get the same recent popularity.

I look at it purely musically not from a popularity angle and musically oasis are not better than many bands that ae harldy given air time

Maybe it’s because they were easy to relate to
All these better musical bands tend to be posh and full of shit
Posh music for students and music snobs!

But popular bands will always get more air time. I don’t agree that the other three bands were better - only in terms of musicianship and lyrics but not song writing. Unfortunately when it comes to pop music and chart success the song writing is more important than ability and you’re right that exposure is also paramount.

Oasis songs do not stand the test if time, thats just not the case. If they did then every pub band you hear would still be playing them. Kids who are learning instruments play them because thats how basic the music is. Not having a pop, I love that Oasis are City fans and all that, but their songs are not classics. I like Noel's stuff, but again its just like

Every party i go to ends with an Oasis song, whether its an 18th or 60th, in Manchester or elsewhere.

3 years ago, Don't look back in anger was sung by young and old and all those in between, by Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande songs, by those artists themselves.

Wonderwall is sung by Spanish, Portugese, Italians, Germans and so on in the changing rooms at City.

These songs are 25+ years old, if that doesn't constitute the test of times then what does?

How many 16-21 year olds will listen to the Beatles now? Not as many as would for Oasis so do the Beatles music not stand the test of time?

Every party i go to ends with an Oasis song, whether its an 18th or 60th, in Manchester or elsewhere.

3 years ago, Don't look back in anger was sung by young and old and all those in between, by Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande songs, by those artists themselves.

Wonderwall is sung by Spanish, Portugese, Italians, Germans and so on in the changing rooms at City.

These songs are 25+ years old, if that doesn't constitute the test of times then what does?

How many 16-21 year olds will listen to the Beatles now? Not as many as would for Oasis so do the Beatles music not stand the test of time?

I was in thailand a few months ago and there was an quality tribute band playing in a English bar. They played hour sets each of The Beatles, Oasis and The Stone Roses. As soon as Oasis came on the bar was rammed, you couldn’t move. As soon as they finished and The Stone Roses came on alot of people fucked off. I was in Tokyo last year and in a karaoke bar, full of all sorts of nationality’s. Don’t look back in anger comes on and it’s probably the most popular song of the night. We currently live in a generation full of Justin Biebers and Bruno Mars, so that’s why young kids are still attracted to Oasis.

We currently live in a generation full of Justin Biebers and Bruno Mars, so that’s why young kids are still attracted to Oasis.

Well to be honest, i like songs from both those artists and im in my mid thirties but the reasons youngsters till attracted to Oasis is because their songs are still quality and relevant which surely means they pass the test of time test.

People that aren't born now will be singing along to Ed Sheeran in twenty years time as they are quality songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.