Fontains DC
Foals
Michael kiwanuka
Ren harvieu
Squid
Richard hawley

And plenty more.

Doves are vastly superior to oasis also btw even if not as famous

true I guess it was a lazy statement to make but as we only have radio two on at work , that's where I hear most music today so I don't get to hear the Doves or Courteeners much having said that the cd in my car at the moment is a Courteeners !!…...I am stuck in the 80's and 90's the Smiths, Joy Division, Stone Roses, Buzzcocks along with the 60's beatles and the Rolling Stones lol......so I guess I am not in with the modern stuff only the stuff I hear is radio 2 or the crap that my young workmates play is it called drum and bass ??

Doves is great as an instrumental in our stadium, not much more.

Oasis has a sing-along quality that makes it resonate far more widely.

You can sing a long to baby shark but you wouldn't.

Personally oasis are in my lp collextion but haven't picked up or played then for nearly 15 years and never felt the urge.

The kinks, lou reed, bowie smiths, roses, doves, elbow and for less well known bands new fads, cud etc I stick on all the time

Oasis songs do not stand the test if time, thats just not the case. If they did then every pub band you hear would still be playing them. Kids who are learning instruments play them because thats how basic the music is. Not having a pop, I love that Oasis are City fans and all that, but their songs are not classics. I like Noel's stuff, but again its just like

I think you’d be surprised as to how big Oasis are amongst today’s teenagers. I live in the West Midlands and as my son is a 17 year old bass player in a band I see a lot of young bands playing the pubs and clubs. The majority of cover versions by far are Oasis and Stone Roses. That’s not because the music is simple (there are more simple songs to play - I disagree with you on this anyway ) but because they like the songs, the swagger and the attitude. How can you say they haven’t stood the test of time if teenagers are adopting Oasis to this extent?

I think you’d be surprised as to how big Oasis are amongst today’s teenagers. I live in the West Midlands and as my son is a 17 year old bass player in a band I see a lot of young bands playing the pubs and clubs. The majority of cover versions by far are Oasis and Stone Roses. That’s not because the music is simple (there are more simple songs to play - which I disagree with) but because they like the songs, the swagger and the attitude. How can you say they haven’t stood the test of time if teenagers are adopting Oasis to this extent?

All that is understandable, in the modern media age Oasis won't fade as they are the main part of what was the britpop genre and were put up as this shininh star of great music revival, even though if you look at the other three band, Pupo, Suede and blur were musically and lyrically much better, yet oasis are seen as the face of the early 90s music era.

Also they promoted the lad image and football culture image well to their advantage that they still get top coverage whenever they make a comments.

Doesn't mean their music is any better than aveeage though to many.

Btw I don't deny the right to think they are amazing, just find it ridiculous that not liking them is seen as taboo to many of their fans

That’s complete bollocks to be honest. Go to a party or gathering now and regardless of age it’s the Oasis songs that get the biggest reaction towards the end of a night. Definitely Maybe is almost 30 years old and still sounds brilliant. Morning Glory (the song), Masterplan and countless others. You may not like them or say the songs aren’t difficult to play but to say they’ve not stood the test of time is a terrible argument.

I haven’t heard Oasis played at a friend’s house, when we were having drinks/a meal, for years. I cannot remember the last time.

Maybe it depends who you’re friends with?

I know it’s always played in some Manchester pubs and it gets the degenerates on cocaine ‘buzzing’ but that isn’t saying much.

It doesn’t help they’re both complete dick heads but at least Noel’s grown up.

And I happen to actually like a fair number of their songs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.