Oasis reunion

Applied for a ballot that supposedly gives you priority booking, but yet to receive a confirmation email. Saturday is going to be a nightmare.

Applied for a ballot that supposedly gives you priority booking, but yet to receive a confirmation email. Saturday is going to be a nightmare.
Anyome sweating over tickets or even buying them when they go on sale need not worry.
Last time they played Heaton Park, the touts were lining up on the road where the direct busses from town were pulling up at.
Me and my (then 14 year old) daughter got off the bus and the touts approached us, all offering £40 or £45 tickets (can't recall which one) for £15 each.
Same will happen this time too. All the trendies caught up in the hype "look at me I got tickets".
Then come July they can't be arsed / booked a holiday / going to a wedding and offloading the tickets along with many others and the price tumbles.

I always considered Blur to be a Kinks tribute act.

Blur were very much shapeshifters.
"Leisure" was generic "baggy" indie.
"Modern Life is Rubbish" was influenced by The Kinks, the Small Faces and Pink Floyd amongst others.
"Parklife" was a more polished version of MLIR but had a bit of a New Wave influence too on some tracks.
"The Great Escape" was a tad over produced and a bit more pop, but channelled Madness at times.
"Blur" was a big return to form influenced by American indie bands like Pavement.
"13" was Damon's break up album but was a bit experimental in parts.
Not sure what they were trying to achieve on "Think Tank" or "Magic Whip" to be honest, but "The Ballad of Darren" was a massive return to form.
Whatever you think of them, Damon is a great lyricist, Graham quite a unique guitarist, and quite unusually these days, have retained their original line up except a brief time when Graham quit around the Think Tank tour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.