Oasis reunion

I wouldn't normally go to gigs nowadays. My body is knackered, I like a brew just before bed at 10pm. 64 in a few weeks time. I don't enjoy the journey to the Etihad 12hrs in a car is to long.

But I do all of these because my lad likes to take me. It takes me days to get over a matchday trip lol.

The father and son time is something you can't buy, the ex got the house all I can leave him with is memories.

It's because of me my lad likes Oasis and most Manchester bands, plus he is City mad.

He took me to the villa game (3-2), there and back in one day. Than on the Wednesday we were back for Liams gig at the Etihad lol. I was knackered for days.

We are trying for the Wembley dates, we both go in our gagooles and bucket hats lol.

Oasis meant alot to me in the 90's living in Kent surrounded my plastic rags. Here was a mega group giving it large, proudly letting everyone know they are City fans. Even with us being shit. Proud to be mancs, only Bonehead was a rag.
Oasis we're my music and still are listening to them or their individual stuff daily.

I did something I said I would never do but at the Brighton away game last season I got a selfie with Noel ( sorry Noel ).
I just had to lol

Ramble over lol
Ramble or not, that's a quality post.

I'm tiring of hearing experts like the yoghurt two pages back saying it won't be worth it even for nostalgia reasons like he (they) are experts on everybody's lives.

I grew up in Eccles in a sea of red during the 90's and followed Oasis and City as much as I could afford. I moved to Hull in 99 and get back as much as I can to see City with my two Hull born sons who are blue through and through and big fans of Oasis' music. My eldest has wanted them to reunite for as long as I can remember so he could watch them live with me. The younger of the two has been listening to them non-stop since Sunday.

Me and the eldest went to Glasgow together to TRNSMT recently to watch Liam and had one of the happiest times of our lives together after a couple of years of really tough times. We thought at the time that this would be the closest we ever got to seeing Oasis live and now this.

My boys love everything I've ever told them about growing up in Manchester and I think both harbour ambitions to live there at some point in their lives.

And with this knowledge of my story and the ongoing story with my sons, I'm treated to miserable old cunts posting on here that we're being fleeced and it won't be worth it. You know fuck all about what it would mean to stand in a field in Manchester with my lads belting out Oasis tunes after a few beers. £150? Fuck, I'd pay three times that.

Last edited:
Ramble or not, that's a quality post.

I'm tiring of hearing experts like the yoghurt two pages back saying it won't be worth it even for nostalgia reasons like he (they) are experts on everybody's lives.

I grew up in Eccles in a sea of red during the 90's and followed Oasis and City as much as I could afford. I moved to Hull in 99 and get back as much as I can to see City with my two Hull born sons who are blue through and through and big fans of Oasis' music. My eldest have wanted them to reunite for as long as I can remember so he could watch them live with me. The younger of the two has been listening to them non-stop since Sunday.

Me and the eldest went to Glasgow together to TRNSMT recently to watch Liam and had one of the happiest times of our lives together after a couple of years of really tough times. We thought at the time that this would be the closest we ever got to seeing Oasis live and now this.

My boys love everything I've ever told them about growing up in Manchester and I think both harbour ambitions to live their at some point in their lives.

And with this knowledge of my story and the ongoing story with my sons, I'm treated to miserable old cunts posting on here that we're being fleeced and it won't be worth it. You know fuck all about what it would mean to stand in a field in Manchester with my lads belting out Oasis tunes after a few beers. £150? Fuck, I'd pay three times that.

Banging post mate. The father and son time at events like this is priceless we are so lucky to have this.

I wouldn't normally go to gigs nowadays. My body is knackered, I like a brew just before bed at 10pm. 64 in a few weeks time. I don't enjoy the journey to the Etihad 12hrs in a car is to long.

But I do all of these because my lad likes to take me. It takes me days to get over a matchday trip lol.

The father and son time is something you can't buy, the ex got the house all I can leave him with is memories.

It's because of me my lad likes Oasis and most Manchester bands, plus he is City mad.

He took me to the villa game (3-2), there and back in one day. Than on the Wednesday we were back for Liams gig at the Etihad lol. I was knackered for days.

We are trying for the Wembley dates, we both go in our gagooles and bucket hats lol.

Oasis meant alot to me in the 90's living in Kent surrounded my plastic rags. Here was a mega group giving it large, proudly letting everyone know they are City fans. Even with us being shit. Proud to be mancs, only Bonehead was a rag.
Oasis we're my music and still are listening to them or their individual stuff daily.

I did something I said I would never do but at the Brighton away game last season I got a selfie with Noel ( sorry Noel ).
I just had to lol

Ramble over lol
That is a great ramble. If you can't ramble about your memories and more importantly your son and what he means to you what can you ramble about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.