Oasis reunion

Will there be a new album to coincide with the tour...? Unless they perform at least five or six brand new songs, it's no more than two old blokes putting their differences aside to pocket a ton of cash for singing pub songs.

The whole thing is more like Creme Brulee than The Beatles.

It's a shit business.
Who the fuck wants to hear six new songs at a reunion!

Greatest hits, please.

If they keep the band going afterwards, alongside solo projects, then produce some new material. The Rolling Stones recently produced a very fine new album, but their US Tour on the back of it featured very few new songs.
When Oasis first headlined Glastonbury in 1995, Liam convinced Noel to play six songs from the upcoming (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? album, yet only ‘Some Might Say’ had been released and the other five songs went down like a lead balloon.

Noel says, as well as all getting off their faces on Crystal Meth for days on end which ruined their first US tour, that was their biggest mistake early doors.

I went to see The Verve once and they played four songs from an album they hadn’t released yet and the crowd went from lively to standing in silence.

I always think it’s a bad idea to play songs the crowd doesn’t know yet at a big gig.

Oasis will definitely release new music and will tour that album. Liam and Noel have been making music of their own right up to the last year and they’ve both got new material in them. Liam said two days before the Oasis reunion news broke that he’s now retired as a solo artist. So this isn’t going to be just a reunion tour and that’s it. I reckon this is going to be at least one Oasis album.

But for the reunion there should be no new material and no solo material from either of them… just 1992-2009 Oasis.

Last edited:

Noel’s always admitted that he directly ripped off these tunes and he never thought it would matter because all he ever thought Oasis were going to be was a rehearsal band of mates playing in the Boardwalk where only they and a few mates would hear or see them and maybe play a few local gigs for a bit of fun at some small local venues for something to do while none of them could get a job.

He had written all the singles and lots of other album tracks and B-sides, from the first three albums, before Definitely Maybe was even released.

How was he to know that, by pure chance, at a gig that they weren’t supposed to be playing at, Alan McGee was going to be in the audience and would sign them on the spot to Creation? For all Noel knew, Oasis could have been finished by 1995 and only ever heard by two-hundred people.

Wow the email arrived to register :) how many were sent out probably millions next step to confirm I’m not a bot
“When did Oasis last play Wembley ? “2009 I better check the most googled question.2009

It means already thousands in the queue :)

“PLEASE NOTE: Demand for these shows is unprecedented. Unfortunately, there will not be enough codes for everyone registering. A code does not guarantee tickets, which will be sold on a first come first served basis.”

“If selected, you will receive an email from Oasismynet with your code by 9 p.m. BST on Friday, 13th of September. If you don't receive an email by then, you have not been selected”

Last edited:
So we’re assuming this next ballot is for all the tickets? Not just a portion of them.

Original tweet.

‘Two extra Wembley Stadium shows have been added due to phenomenal demand.
Tickets will be sold by a staggered, invitation-only ballot process. Applications to join the ballot will be opened first to the many UK fans who were unsuccessful in the initial on sale with Ticketmaster.’

First make it sounds like there’s more stages but maybe not.

So we’re assuming this next ballot is for all the tickets? Not just a portion of them.

Original tweet.

‘Two extra Wembley Stadium shows have been added due to phenomenal demand.
Tickets will be sold by a staggered, invitation-only ballot process. Applications to join the ballot will be opened first to the many UK fans who were unsuccessful in the initial on sale with Ticketmaster.’

First make it sounds like there’s more stages but maybe not.
I'd imagine by "first" they meant that if any are left over, they'll open it up to others. But the chances of that happening are non-existent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.