Oasis??

i think one of the reasons oasis are still so massive is to a certain degree down to nostaliga. if i hear anything off whats the story i cant help but smile and think back to school days getting pissed in the park and trying to cop a feel. its probably the same for most people of a certain age (20 - 30?)

OOHBEBLUE said:
Eddie...Are you in love with the super furry animals?
not really, i just used them as a good example of another british band whove been around for roughly the same amount of time who i think have put out better quality music over that time period

DirtyEddie said:
i think one of the reasons oasis are still so massive is to a certain degree down to nostaliga. if i hear anything off whats the story i cant help but smile and think back to school days getting pissed in the park and trying to cop a feel. its probably the same for most people of a certain age (20 - 30?)

That's what I was trying to get at earlier but failed! Well said good sir...

Manchester_lalala said:
PistonBlue said:
LCBblue said:
Are they the best Mancunian or Uk band ever?

Maybe, I think they are just as good as the Beatles. Not that Im that old to experience their music, What do you think?

No. But music is all about taste and opinions. The Beatles are over rated for me, but then I wasn't around when they were on the scene. I'm pretty sure the Stone Roses are over rated but for me at the time they were fucking brilliant as were James and the Mondays and The Charlatans (who are still the business).

Oasis are alright but they're not exactly groundbreaking are they?

Oasis piss all over Stone Roses imo, all there songs sound the same to me. Ian Brown is better on his own, better lyrics than when he was with the Roses.

Well you say that, but without the Roses, Oasis couldn't have existed. Liam G wouldn't have been able to copy Brown for a start!

And lets face it most Oasis songs sound like someone else's songs!

PistonBlue said:
Yes! Most definitely. They got a song where it's a blatant rip off from T-Rex, can't remember the name of it but it's so obvious.

DirtyEddie said:

I think they're still so popular because bands these days just don't have the balls, the atitude, the swagger that Oasis have. I mean an Oasis gig is a rock n roll event. you know what your gonna get and it's gonna be sweaty. Whats else is out there at the moment? Coldplay, fucking Razorlight?

Isnt Billy Duffy of the cult a machester lad? Thay have been one of the best and most under-rated british rock band for the past 25 odd years

Tell The King said:
Yes! Most definitely. They got a song where it's a blatant rip off from T-Rex, can't remember the name of it but it's so obvious.
OOHBEBLUE said:
Jesus ... Most bands are influenced by other bands sounds... I would of thought that was probably the starting point of there music careers!!!

well the one that springs to mind which ive already posted which is t-rex's get it on
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEhDrJzM8E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEhDrJzM8E</a>

being influenced by is one thing, just straight off stealing a riff is different.

PistonBlue said:
Manchester_lalala said:
PistonBlue said:
LCBblue said:
Are they the best Mancunian or Uk band ever?

Maybe, I think they are just as good as the Beatles. Not that Im that old to experience their music, What do you think?

No. But music is all about taste and opinions. The Beatles are over rated for me, but then I wasn't around when they were on the scene. I'm pretty sure the Stone Roses are over rated but for me at the time they were fucking brilliant as were James and the Mondays and The Charlatans (who are still the business).

Oasis are alright but they're not exactly groundbreaking are they?

Oasis piss all over Stone Roses imo, all there songs sound the same to me. Ian Brown is better on his own, better lyrics than when he was with the Roses.

Well you say that, but without the Roses, Oasis couldn't have existed. Liam G wouldn't have been able to copy Brown for a start!

Noel said on Jonathon Ross when him and Ian Brown were on than if it weren't for him he wouldn't be in music.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.