Obscure City players - anyone remember any of these?

Neville Kneville said:
Tbilisi said:
Alan Oakes Shinpads said:
Think Mcbeth was George Mcbeth from Northern Ireland and a midfielder. Not sure if he ever played first team.

He never made the first team,pretty sure.

I only know his name as I used the ressies team names for my future City team,so good they that won all before them on my Waddingtons Table Soccer.

Now that was a game!

Used to watch him every week in the reserves. Skillful Ian Bishop type player, but I don't remember him getting a 1st team game.
George McBeth ended up playing in the Football League Division 4 for Stockport County. This would be around 1976. I'm pretty sure he played on the right wing. Phil Henson also had a spell at County when Mike Summerbee was the gaffer. Think Phil had a spell at Sparta Rotterdam after Sheffield Wednesday.
He was legendary at Edgeley Park amongst team mates for the size of his appendage !

DuggieCcH said:
Neville Kneville said:
Tbilisi said:
He never made the first team,pretty sure.

I only know his name as I used the ressies team names for my future City team,so good they that won all before them on my Waddingtons Table Soccer.

Now that was a game!

Used to watch him every week in the reserves. Skillful Ian Bishop type player, but I don't remember him getting a 1st team game.
George McBeth ended up playing in the Football League Division 4 for Stockport County. This would be around 1976. I'm pretty sure he played on the right wing. Phil Henson also had a spell at County when Mike Summerbee was the gaffer. Think Phil had a spell at Sparta Rotterdam after Sheffield Wednesday.
He was legendary at Edgeley Park amongst team mates for the size of his appendage !

My dad worked for City in the late 60's and early 70's as commercial manager (he left when swales emerged as the dark lord), and George McBeth (Mac) and George Dunlop (remember him ??) both lived at our house for a couple of years when they were trainees, as was common in those days.

I dont remember a lot about them, except Mac had a tash and george Dunlop seemed to be a giant, but I was only 4 at the time !! I know one of them helped to paint a massive Jungle Book mural on my bedroom wall, but cant remember which one it was.

The last I heard of him Mac was still living in the Manchester area, I think my dad said Altrincham way.

there had to be a Henson,in the background, to go with some of the muppets that we have had signed...

Remember Barree!, Barree! ??
not Gareth, but Conlon

blue roo said:
I assume the 'Brennan' is Micky Brennan who now lives in Perth , Western Australia. Micky comes to some of our Perth Supporters Club gigs and in fact helped out with Mick Lyons (ex Everton centre half) as quiz masters at a recent Cancer Charity Quiz which was organised by our Supporters Club. BTW we raised about $5000 I think.
Near mate do you mean mark Brennan?

blueyorkie said:
Phil Henson became Chairman of Rotherham I think, Keith Hanvey may have gone to Ducie High as did John Thaw & our kid.

.....and Alan Badell? (sorry, off topic!)

M18CTID said:
droylsdenblue said:
What was the name of the goalkeeper we had on loan in the 1980's? I think from Everton? Played about 6 games and let a shed load of goals in.

Bobby Mimms?

The same season mid 80's we had 2 Everton keepers on loan, Mike Stowell and Mimms.
One played one game the other 2 or 3.

Simon Tracey was mid 90's and was from Sheff United

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.