Obscure City players - anyone remember any of these?

Quigley was highly regarded but was the size of a team mascot. Remember him playing at Villa. He was about 4ft6!
Limber was back MEN back page news when he signed.

Cheers but I'm sure it wasn't MIKE Quigley. It was someone who I've never traced since and have been curious about. I'll check on the date and do some Googling.

Seems it was in September 1982, it was 2-2 and Tueart did score! Can't find the line-ups yet but this was 10 years too early for Mike Quigley hence an inability to trace him.

Last edited:
Cheers but I'm sure it wasn't MIKE Quigley. It was someone who I've never traced since and have been curious about. I'll check on the date and do some Googling.

Seems it was in September 1982, it was 2-2 and Tueart did score! Can't find the line-ups yet but this was 10 years too early for Mike Quigley hence an inability to trace him.
Qui
gley played in a friendly match at Barrow in February 92,City won 3-1.He joined City on a YTS in 87.

Nicky Limber played left-back in a friendly at Barrow in the 90s(?). Signed from Doncaster but never made an iota of a mark and disappeared into the ether. There was also a Quigley in the team, again at Barrow in 1982, and another youngster who I completely forget. Ended up 2-2 and I'm sure Tueart scored but time has obliterated some requisite memory cells. Any other info on the 2 games would be appreciated.

The "Quigley" from 1982 was probably Mike QUEENAN who was an apprentice at the time, played in a few Central League games around then. Dug this out from an early 82/83 programme.

na8u2xl

Brilliant, thank you! Queenan it was ... been pondering variations on the name. And, judging by that line-up for the youth team, I'm sure the other guy was Terry Milligan. " 2 birds 1 stone, splendid. Thanks for the effort involved; appreciate it.

Anyone remember Gordon Daizell, who played in the 1983 Scottish FA Cup Final for Rangers, and then joined City for a brief spell mid 83-84?
Not sure if was his debut, but he certainly featured in the 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge, when Tolmie scored from a free kick. Now that was a scary aftermath!
Wasn't Phil Henson the late substitute for Dennis Law in the back heel game?

I also played cricket against Darren Beckford a few years ago which felt a bit strange. Derek Jeffries spends a lot of time at Reddish Golf Club, but whatever happened to Geoff Hammond?

Anyone remember Gordon Daizell, who played in the 1983 Scottish FA Cup Final for Rangers, and then joined City for a brief spell mid 83-84?
Not sure if was his debut, but he certainly featured in the 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge, when Tolmie scored from a free kick. Now that was a scary aftermath!
Wasn't Phil Henson the late substitute for Dennis Law in the back heel game?

I also played cricket against Darren Beckford a few years ago which felt a bit strange. Derek Jeffries spends a lot of time at Reddish Golf Club, but whatever happened to Geoff Hammond?
remember Hammond scoring a screamer against Newcastle in the Platt Lane...1 of my 1st few games think we won 5-1,not sure what happened to him though..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.