Offer Elano a new contract? Yes or no?

I wouldn't trust the opinions of the vast majority of Elano lovers simply because they let their dislike of Hughes totally cloud any objective thoughts about the player himself.

bluetonium said:
Meet him half way - Tell him to knuckle down and will review in December.

Agreed.

I really like him but his attitude is as shit as the papers say, then he better knuckle down or he's not welcome here.

It's a No from me.

IF he stays he'll be on trial through next season, must learn to keep his mouth shut, we'll look for more consistent performances from him as well.

At 27 he's probably too old to change his ways, shame really, he's a talented player

Mike D said:
I think you should rephrase do you put your faith in a proven player or the unproven manager.

That is funny; proven only to shine at first, then to drop off from Christmas under Sven right up to the last third of this season.

He needs to do what all great players do; put in a consistent shift and not just play when he feels like it. The fact that he was a bench player at Shaktar tells you something about his consistency.

Let him earn an extension on improved terms like Stevie did. I hope he does, but see no reason yet for giving him a new contract.

Cant be bothered reading through the whole thread but a resounding yes from me.

How much would it cost for us to replace someone of his calibre?

Never known any player split fans opinion so much

Rösler's Dad said:
Mike D said:
I think you should rephrase do you put your faith in a proven player or the unproven manager.

That is funny; proven only to shine at first, then to drop off from Christmas under Sven right up to the last third of this season.

He needs to do what all great players do; put in a consistent shift and not just play when he feels like it. The fact that he was a bench player at Shaktar tells you something about his consistency.

Let him earn an extension on improved terms like Stevie did. I hope he does, but see no reason yet for giving him a new contract.

And just to reiterate my point on this subject matter again. What happens when Ireland gets injured who fills in for him?

Or are you really that niave to think that MH is caplable of finding a replacement

BillyShears said:
I wouldn't trust the opinions of the vast majority of Elano lovers simply because they let their dislike of Hughes totally cloud any objective thoughts about the player himself.

You're not still sore that your promise that Elano was on his way out last January didn't exactly come true are you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.