Offical Election thread

kronkonite said:
the lib dems are centre left

Some are, some are not, you have to remember the Lib Dems are a coalition themselves between centrer left exiles from the Labour Party and the old Liberal Party. Like I said go down south and you will find your average Lib Dem far more right wing than your average northern or Scottish lib dem. The Parliamentary party is actually more right wing than many of the activists

A Prophecy

Within three months I imagine that any Lib Dem/Labour/Others coalition will fall, a General Election will be called, the Lib Dem vote will be decimated, the Conservatives brought to full power and Electoral /Constitutional Reform will be nothing but a wistful memory as those of us with distaste for conservatism hunker down for the duration. Demos, riots, overturned cars in the streets, many more homeless, infrastructure decay, a rise in crimes against the person and property, a happy time perhaps for the City and the secure middle classes, a dreadful time for the vulnerable, the disabled, the physically and mentally ill, the homeless and the poor. I remember the main feeling induced by living under Thatcher was shame. It was shaming to live in a country that could be so proudly, gloatingly unkind, so vulgar, shabby and ungracious in its attitudes to the outsider, the weak and the destitute. Goodness knows the Labour administration has been very, very far from perfect, but I think we will only appreciate the unheralded and uncelebrated good it did when the props it built up for the poor, the disabled and the disadvantaged have been kicked away.

Stephen Fry.

Anyone just see Brown give his statement?

Mandelsson's fingerprints are all over that.

mackenzie said:
Halfpenny said:
Well, Brown's going.

And Mandelsson obviously wants Milliband to take over and not face a general election.

That is quite shameless.

I agree with you macca. This leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

mackenzie said:
Halfpenny said:
Well, Brown's going.

And Mandelsson obviously wants Milliband to take over and not face a general election.

That is quite shameless.
It is, but if it's the only way for a Lib-Lab coalition to take place, I'm all for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.