Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

gman07 said:
moomba said:
Thats a pretty good result for us I think.
yep... thats 1 more point that we didnt get last year... and 2 less for Villa...

and since Man U also drawed we didnt lose to much on the race with the top

Spurs drew too, are a game ahead of us and have lost two games.

We're good i think. We're in a pretty good place.

Decent point in the end, Villa will cause most teams problems this season. We looked much better when Stevie came on, we really don't have anyone quite like him when he's out

Toure's in quite a bit of pain , just as well we're off for a fortnight!

Fair result in the end ..... we never really looked like scoring other than when we actually did ...... but then you could almost say the same about them , Dunnes goal and Agbonlahors effort aside .

Neither goalkeeper really forced into much action , would probably suggest that both defences played pretty well for the main part .

Good point for us , moves us up to 4th in the table , and it was never gonna be a cakewalk for us here , they have some good players ...... maybe Stephen Ireland should have been on from the start though , he changed the game for us ...... and Bellamy was excellent too.

bluemoonchick said:
They sure gave us a lesson in defending, take note City. Good point though.

Another great goal for Bellers - he doesnt do tap-ins does he lol

Might be on my own here but Barry vs Dunne aside, I thought we defended great. Agbonlahor, Carew and Heskey didn't have a sniff. Lescott and Bridge in particular were fantastic.

Aussie! said:
wisinc said:
Funny. Yeah, just for a bit. But he's working for us isn't he? Hughes will have a problem when Robinho is fit won't he?

NO he wont, just take off SWP- his way OFF FORM

This - well said.
I love shauny but I prefer players who are in form and im sure he would understand that too.

I ain't going to slag off any of our players, MON's team play hard and worked their socks off we had to match them, they will be in the mix at the end of the season, don't forget this lot did Liverpool at Anfield so for me happy with a point and although SWP not on top form did what he was supposed to do and kept Young reasonably quiet. Bellars MOM for me.

Ireland & bellamy saved us 2nite.But given our away form last year we are doin ok.We were bad 1st half but stevie comin on helped.Play bad but get something from it -int that what alan hansen always says. 1-1 at villa i think is good based on 1st half.
up to 4th place now :)

Like I said 1 - 1.

Positives:

Point we didn’t get last season. Definitely a different city side I wasn’t worried at 1 - 0 down even at 60 minutes. Villa are a good side that’s a better result for us than them.

Bellamy had another excellent game defiantly one of Hughes best signings (as much as it surprises me)

Ireland changed the game for us and he can do a job in the holding role for sure if required +++.

Negatives:

SWP not at the races again. Petrov should have come on, a risk but with 2 big forwards on we need crosses - few were provided.

RSC for Tevez. OK he’s not fit but we went backwards big time when he came on it was like playing with 10 men.

Happy with a point away at Villa, we had more possession and created more chances but neither keeper had much to do fair result in the end. Scum needed another fluke / cheating to get a point at home against Sunderland. Liverpool lost away. So it’s pretty positive overall.

Quote of the day, bank teller at my local Barclays "Have a good weekend sir"

Yea not so bad yourself "not good bad result for UTD" Yes I laughed out load. he sounded suicidal.

Andouble said:
US_Citizen said:
lame don't have to spend hundred plus million to tie Villa. Maybe thats why top 6 is goal not top 4.

you're giving us US fans a bad name with posts like this.

ROFL!! Being happy about a tie is what mid table team fans do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.