Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

Project said:
bluemoonchick said:
They sure gave us a lesson in defending, take note City. Good point though.

Another great goal for Bellers - he doesnt do tap-ins does he lol

Might be on my own here but Barry vs Dunne aside, I thought we defended great. Agbonlahor, Carew and Heskey didn't have a sniff. Lescott and Bridge in particular were fantastic.

Both sides defended well for the main part , and neither goalkeeper had that much to do ........ Dunnes goal and Agbonlahors effort aside , we did okay at the back ....... they were well up for the game and it was never gonna be easy for us ...... i thought both goals were superb.

Some thoughts on tonights game:
Pace causes our defence problems. Chav Agbonlahor and Ashley Young exploited this. Remember Crystal Palace?

Stevie Ireland was immense. It seems like the rest from missing the West Ham game has done him good, how many killer passes did he make?

I thought Wayne Bridge had a great game. The only defender who looked assured and was great going forward combining with Bellamy

There were quite a few sloppy first touches, with Barry in particular suspect here. These cost us what could have been some decent chances

We had difficulty defending goal kicks and long balls from Friedel, more often than not a Villa player won the ball and launched an attack.

Other than that a relatively assured performance, but I think we need to step it up at notch for the return fixture.

Villa all huff and puff - at times we just got in each others way and Shaunny WILL miss out on world cup with any more performances like that - Tevez should have taken his place on the right

US_Citizen said:
Andouble said:
you're giving us US fans a bad name with posts like this.

ROFL!! Being happy about a tie is what mid table team fans do.

Shush, you. It wasn't a win, but I remind you that those who win there home games and draw their away games will often win titles.

I'm taking that. It took them a while to get going but they were well in, in end. If only they'd got a grip on the game a bit earlier, we'd have had that 2nd goal. Oh well, keep at it, blues.

gmtx said:
Some thoughts on tonights game:
Pace causes our defence problems. Chav Agbonlahor and Ashley Young exploited this. Remember Crystal Palace?

Stevie Ireland was immense. It seems like the rest from missing the West Ham game has done him good, how many killer passes did he make?

I thought Wayne Bridge had a great game. The only defender who looked assured and was great going forward combining with Bellamy

There were quite a few sloppy first touches, with Barry in particular suspect here. These cost us what could have been some decent chances

We had difficulty defending goal kicks and long balls from Friedel, more often than not a Villa player won the ball and launched an attack.

Other than that a relatively assured performance, but I think we need to step it up at notch for the return fixture.

Maybe we should try something similar with SWP. He was dire for much of the game in my opinion.

Not the result we wanted, but as many have already said, Villa are no mugs especially at home. Having said that, I thought there were lots of positives from tomight. I thought we were the better team on the whole. Even after Villa took the lead I thought we would score and when we scored I thought we would go on to win. The RSC substitution took the wind out of our sales a bit. We just look way more confident this year and its looks like the players have every confidence that even if we fall behind we will get it back.
I'm starting to bekieve the hype and think top4 if definitely achievable this year. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.