Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

Cuellar, Collins, Dunne and Warnock were all excellent for Villa tonight.

Bellamy is made of perfect stuff. Balls of steel and absolutely no bullshit about him.

Ireland tonight showed his calibre as our most valuable midfield asset. I do worry about the Toure-Lescott partnership but have confidence that they'll settle very well. This was a big night for us and we did alright.

gmtx said:
Some thoughts on tonights game:
Pace causes our defence problems. Chav Agbonlahor and Ashley Young exploited this. Remember Crystal Palace?

Stevie Ireland was immense. It seems like the rest from missing the West Ham game has done him good, how many killer passes did he make?

I thought Wayne Bridge had a great game. The only defender who looked assured and was great going forward combining with Bellamy

There were quite a few sloppy first touches, with Barry in particular suspect here. These cost us what could have been some decent chances

We had difficulty defending goal kicks and long balls from Friedel, more often than not a Villa player won the ball and launched an attack.

Other than that a relatively assured performance, but I think we need to step it up at notch for the return fixture.

Maybe we should try something similar with SWP. He was dire for much of the game in my opinion.

kcmcfc said:
gmtx said:
Some thoughts on tonights game:
Pace causes our defence problems. Chav Agbonlahor and Ashley Young exploited this. Remember Crystal Palace?

Stevie Ireland was immense. It seems like the rest from missing the West Ham game has done him good, how many killer passes did he make?

I thought Wayne Bridge had a great game. The only defender who looked assured and was great going forward combining with Bellamy

There were quite a few sloppy first touches, with Barry in particular suspect here. These cost us what could have been some decent chances

We had difficulty defending goal kicks and long balls from Friedel, more often than not a Villa player won the ball and launched an attack.

Other than that a relatively assured performance, but I think we need to step it up at notch for the return fixture.

Maybe we should try something similar with SWP. He was dire for much of the game in my opinion.

Possibly, although I don't think he was dire, just not at his best. Showed commitment in defence as always. Perhaps not playing him the full 90 minutes and letting Petrov come on occasionally would give him more of a break.

If you will continuo comparing with last year, than you might be happy with any place better than the 10th place, we need to realize that city have a better quality players now and that with the quality of our players, we should have won.
judleberry said:
gman07 said:
yep... thats 1 more point that we didnt get last year... and 2 less for Villa...

and since Man U also drawed we didnt lose to much on the race with the top

Spurs drew too, are a game ahead of us and have lost two games.

We're good i think. We're in a pretty good place.

svennis pennis said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
think you have him mistaken with Ade mate.. Roque bust his bollocks when he came on.. ade wasn't arsed

is that the Ade that set up the equalizer?

that's about all he offered though.. collins had him in his back pocket.

the goal was all about supermans pass if you ask me..

Ade never even challenged Collins for headers outside the box.

A hard worked point.
Some ran their arses off while a couple or more blues had "off" nights.
I didn't really see the point of bringing on RSC when he's clearly not match fit.
Think Petrov might have made an impact.
Am I the only one that is gutted that Dunne scored against us?
Loved him as a City player, commend his performance tonight and his "classy" celebration, but I fucking hate when ex-blues score against us.

Cant believe some people are just taking the negatives from this result.

4th place, game in hand. Shame there is 2 weeks off but kolo has time to recover now.

Shows how much we need back up for Ireland.

changed when he came on and I could see us scoring.

A little disappointed with SWP, had a few chances but did not deliver the final ball/shot.

Roll on Wigan........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.