Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

FFS people need to tune into reality FM.

This is a much better start than anyone could have expected. 4th with a game in hand. We win that and we are second within a win of top spot.

I am amazed we have started this well with so many new faces. We bought a new first team this summer !

Robinho and Kompany to come back (Personally I prefer Kompany to De Jong tin hat on)

I am happy I cant really understand why any city fan would moan with where we are currently. That was a much better result for us than VIlla tonight - away against one of our supposed main rivals in the legaue.

Rags needed more cheating extra time to get a draw at home against Sunderland on Saturday get it in perspective they look SHIT !

This was always going to be a banana skin (and it is still there for all the other top teams) and in the end a draw is not unacceptable. Up to 4th with a game in hand, first class as far as I am concerned.

In the end I am disappointed that we didn’t take all three points as we were the better team. I would have taken SWP off and brought on Petrov and I would have had another mark Dunne at corners but too late was this addressed.

Gareth Barry did well to handle the abuse, now he can get on with the season and make the real contribution he is capable off.

Tevez touch failed him from time to time and it was a good decision to sub him, De Jong too considering he took a knock BUT what a tackle!

Ireland MUST start next game!

In the end very pleased and looking forward with much optimism.

If we had kept Tevez on and subed SWP for Petrov at Half time we would have won that game. Thats the reality of the situation.

I'd be disappointed with an away point at a bottom half club, but Villa were billed as a club competing for a top 4 place. I'd happily take a point now from our visits to White Hart Lane and Goodison

It was also a very big game for Villa. It meant a lot to Dunne, and their players and fans

This was a game we could easily have lost - as it is we take home points off a rival

Very good team performance. Very good.

I love Zab to bits and I prefer him to Micha but he will get caught out with pace sometimes. Very impressed with Bridge and Bellamy tonight.

RSC not fit and Petrov would have made an impact in the last 10 minutes.

Team loses concentration when the ball goes dead time and again.

We need a pacy right back and more time on the training pitch. Otherwise I'm impressed.

schtipps said:
Project said:
You really believe that?

Yes i do, otherwise i wouldnt of said it, we were set up from the start with a defensive mindset with our midfielders deeper than usual. Plus we started without a creative midfielder.

Three strikers on the pitch and you call that a defensive mindset?

It's too easy to play Monday morning quarterback. It was by and large the same side that created about 20 chances against West Ham. That Villa got the goal and quickly reverted to sitting back with 2 banks of four made it very difficult for us to break through.

We have an exceptional record again Villa, especially at home. So its likely we will end up with 4 points from them this season.

Point away to villa a bad result ? I dont think so ; It speaks volumes that city fans think its a poor result you go on 606 most villa fans are over the moon with a draw.

Lets not forget we were completely toothless away from home last season - our form away was bottom 4 / relegation fodder.

Like I said I was never worried tonight even 1 - 0 at 60 minutes I knew we would score and at least get a draw. Look at the likes of Liverpool and the rags we look a much stronger unit overall.

Top 6 was the expectation we have every chance to go better if we can keep this going.

I really cant take anyone seriously that could expect more at this stage.

Truthfully, I love SWP and I love Bellamy, but I miss Robbie down the right. We need some creativity down the wing and mve Bellamy to the right. Stevie needs to be on the field as well. Would have liked to see Petrov as well. Also, is Onuoha in full health? Not sure what his story is yet but Toure didn't look good, especially if it is his Achilles.

I'm not content with a draw but ill take it.
It takes time to build a team and I think were moving forward faster than expected which is nice.

I'm also starting to become a MH beliver.

He seems to look at the way things are and improve the areas, both in the transfer window and also on the training ground, that need it.
It always amazes me how many managers in the past seem to have missed the obvious.

Maybe I'm just riding on the wave of optimism that a run of good results provide but I'm loving it whilst it lasts.

Bring on Wigan!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.