Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

schtipps said:
Project said:
You really believe that?

Yes i do, otherwise i wouldnt of said it, we were set up from the start with a defensive mindset with our midfielders deeper than usual. Plus we started without a creative midfielder.

Don't you just love some of the shite on here... Bellamy, SWP, Tevez and Ade all started but we were defensive... priceless. Most team go to Villa park with one up front.

isn't there baseball on or something.

Anyway, for us realistic positive City fans, things look very good.

US_Citizen said:
tonethestone said:
here you go US_Citizen, you are on the wrong forum:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/</a>

Go on that site and see how happy fans are after a draw with non title contender.
AIQ88 said:
Are you 12 or just don´t know all that much about football? So you don´t think that top 4 sides would be content with a point from Villa Park? Yes at home id be expecting a victory with the team we have but come on... Just out of curiosity how long have you been supporting City?

Since Reyna days. And no most fans of top four teams won't be happy with a draw. Only small teams think in terms of home and away. Big teams want to win every game.

quote]Only small teams think in terms of home and away. Big teams want to win every game.[/quote]

I can't agree with you any more.

supermicahrichards said:
US_Citizen said:
6 goals in the last three league games directly or following set peices.

We're certainly not perfect...and that is my biggest issue with is right now as well. Our set PIECE defense needs improvement...that said, I'm not ready to jump off a bridge like you, lol.

I'm not jumping off the bridge throwing players under the bus or chanting fire Hughes. People attacked me after said I wasnt happy or content with a draw so I fought back by saying being happy with draws is small club stuff.

US_Citizen said:
tonethestone said:
here you go US_Citizen, you are on the wrong forum:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/</a>

Go on that site and see how happy fans are after a draw with non title contender.
AIQ88 said:
Are you 12 or just don´t know all that much about football? So you don´t think that top 4 sides would be content with a point from Villa Park? Yes at home id be expecting a victory with the team we have but come on... Just out of curiosity how long have you been supporting City?

Since Reyna days. And no most fans of top four teams won't be happy with a draw. Only small teams think in terms of home and away. Big teams want to win every game.

You my freind talk absolute bull shite. united, liverpool ect would be quite happy with a draw at villa.

tonethestone said:
isn't there baseball on or something.

Anyway, for us realistic positive City fans, things look very good.

ROFL baseball is just as boring as cricket. Things do look good for the season. But not happy with drawing games =P

US_Citizen said:
supermicahrichards said:
We're certainly not perfect...and that is my biggest issue with is right now as well. Our set PIECE defense needs improvement...that said, I'm not ready to jump off a bridge like you, lol.

I'm not jumping off the bridge throwing players under the bus or chanting fire Hughes. People attacked me after said I wasnt happy or content with a draw so I fought back by saying being happy with draws is small club stuff.

And we're all not jumping for joy at a draw either...but a draw @ Villa is not a bad result for anyone. That's just a fact. It's not ideal...and it's a game we could have won, but it's not bad.

ihateredknapp said:
I can't believe some of the negative comments on here tonight. To echo some of my fellow Blues. P7 - W5 - L1 - D1, 4th in the League with a game in hand, what exactly is the problem???

Im not disappointed at all, we have exceeded my expectations so far. Im really pleased overall. Its not only the team who are starting to develop that winning mentality which we need, the whole club is now starting to believe!

vincent said:
US_Citizen said:

You my freind talk absolute bull shite. united, liverpool ect would be quite happy with a draw at villa.

Every team wants to win every match no matter where they are on the table.

You must go into every game thinking you can win but the reality is a point at Villa Park against a side that most would expect to be challenging for a top six spot this season is a result we should be content with when all is said and done.

Losing NDJ was a blow especially when we were still behind but to get a point from that situation is ok , not brilliant but ok.

I agree with most posters that the point away at Villa is a good result.

Am confident that we will take four points over the two games we play against them, and if we can repeat that at a minimum (Rags aside now) against all the teams around us then we will be there or there abouts.

Thought Lescott, Toure, Bridge were great at the back, and like De Jong are improving all the time. Bellamy was fantastic again, and it was good to see Santa Cruz get more minutes under his belt (I disagree with some of the earlier posts about his effort, pace etc. If you have been out for a significant amount of time through injury, you can do all the training ground conditioning you want, it is match fitness that sharpens not only pace and agility, but also the mind. I think judge him when he has had an extended run of games and form an opinion then).

Only one concern for discussion - even though I am a big fan of Zab (tenacious, 100% effort, good decision maker, excellent reader of the game and good short range passing ability), I do however feel his lack of pace is an obvious achilles heal that opposition managers will target. Thought Young carrying an injury for a long period might have saved us slightly, as once or twice he showed Zab up early doors.

Definitely don't want to end on a low note tho, we are 4th with a game in hand with a couple of lesser teams to come to our place. With a bit of luck we'll be challenging the top spot going into the Xmas period - Effin Happpy Days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.