Official Barnsley v Manchester City Thread

BlueSinclair said:
I do understand that friendlies does not mean alot, but come on, why does it ONLY apply to us? What about barnsley? Why are they turning up and doing a good job, but city can't? Oooooooh it's just a friendly, it doesnt matter, still it seems other teams can deliver.
because friendlies mean everything for lower league teams when they play a prem team

GOATERLEGEND said:
SSN " petrov saves city blushes " followed by " chelsea FIGHT BACK to draw at reading " Makes me piss

PMSL!!!!! Oh god the double standards the media have are hilarious.

zeven said:
This is pathetic

And please dont tell me this is only a friendly

this is so damn out of this world. we are gonna be the laughing stock in PL and yes we deserve it

these overpaid so called star are ashame. cant even win against Barnsly

your mum know your on here?

Optimus Prime said:
And we've got shite like Ben Haim playing in defence.

Yeah! Good point! Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to sign that clown in the first place?

Oh, wait...

Paulmcfc2703 said:
BlueSinclair said:
I do understand that friendlies does not mean alot, but come on, why does it ONLY apply to us? What about barnsley? Why are they turning up and doing a good job, but city can't? Oooooooh it's just a friendly, it doesnt matter, still it seems other teams can deliver.
because friendlies mean everything for lower league teams when they play a prem team

This and the fact that Barnsley haven't just bought a new half of a team.

The match obviously meant more to Barnsley than it did to us.
Even the commentators were acting like it was the biggest match in their history. I don't know why everyone got so excited this match was only played so we could gain some fitness, people need to calm down.

BlueSinclair said:

Spot on!!

its acutally no excuses, not with the team we had on the pitch today.

a couple of wins under the belt when pl start can't be a bad thing.

zeven said:
BlueSinclair said:

Spot on!!

a couple of wins under the belt when pl start kan be a bad thing.

Excuse me but what does that even mean?

Revolver said:
In 1997 pre season I went to see City at Mansfield and we won 7 - 1 and looked what happened that season.

I went to Halifax in 2001 pre season and we scraped a 2 -1 and looked what happened that season.

So pre season are not perfect indicators of what lies ahead. However it would be just nice to see City hammer a lower league team once in a while.

What I think we may have to accept is that this new team is not going to gel straight away.

PS : Presumably we bought Santa Cruz with a view to him playing at some point.

hey I went to both of those matches-jeez time flies...

djelanomcfc said:
zeven said:
Spot on!!

a couple of wins under the belt when pl start kan be a bad thing.

Excuse me but what does that even mean?

I think it means his mum's just called him downstairs for his tea. Probably in a rush.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.