Official Brum v City Thread

I thought we looked very average today. I thought Barry had another poor game being booed in Brum (he was poor at Villa too) and thought he should have gone off for Ireland earlier in the second half instead of De Jong. The rest of the team seemed to have very few creative ideas and the balls into the box when Roque was on were very sub standard. Not impressed with today but still in a good league position due to other teams dropping points.

Wright-Phillips was awful today....what has happened to him? he doesnt seem to take anyone on anymore and when he got on the end of some great through balls by tevez his final ball was crap. Yes, the result against fulham wasnt great, but i cant understand petrov being put on the bench in favour of swp. its not as if petrov had a bad game against fulham.
Cant see Capello being too impressed today!

I wonder about RSC. I am not convinced he will prove to be a good signing.

schtipps said:
could be alot worse, Birmingham deserved the win today. One positive about the season to date is the fact that we are drawing when playing badly.

From our tactics today i think Hughes was expecting a tough game. Roque got another run out but still looked well off pace.

Ill happily take a point and fourth position in the PL. The best is yet to come from our multi talented but disjointed team.

Keep the faith.

I agree, not as bad as others are making it. Reasonable to be disappointed though. Key players split on quality tonight: some were horrible and some kept us in the match (Given and Zab).

The only thing I can say, though, is that in the long run, as far as final position is concerned, I'd rather us lose half of our matches and win half of them. We would finish higher than if we won a third, lost a third, and drew a third.

That was Crap.!!! But these players will have to get used to teams being up there back sides for 96 minutes we're the team with all the money and all the big players players are going to run till they drop to stop us playing. It WAS CRAP but hey we got a point from a game we would have lost about 4 - 0 last season and we are top 4 with a game in hand and we all know now that kompany is not a centre half!

dissapointed but 4th with game in hand aint bad. imo petrov needs to start he looked a threat when he came on, rsc looks well off the pace hopefully he will improve by jan. ireland needs to start as well were lacking a creative midfielder.
but if you would have given me our position before the season i would have took it
come on city

A few of my thoughts, for whatever they're worth (nothing)..

Bridge is immense. Running all over the place. Zab also did well defensively. Today was just one of those days where our crosses were falling to the other team. It happens.

I thought Kompany was very very poor, but I'll chalk it up to rust, he probably wasn't expecting to be playing 90 mins back from injury so soon. His distribution was very bad and he looked shaky with the ball at his feet under pressure.

Lescott had a good game and is getting better for us each game.

Barry/DeJong/Ireland just didn't do it, and I agreed with taking De Jong off. He hasn't been great (gave up the ball midweek for Scunthorpe's only goal, and gave away passes (and penalties) today). He's a great great tackler but I don't have much confidence when the ball is at his feet.

Bellamy, SWP, and Tevez all ran their socks off, the effort was there, unfortunately we couldn't break down the defense.

People say there aren't a lot of positives to take out of this game but we didn't lose, moved up to 4th, and kept a clean sheet. It could have been a worse day.

With MH being city manager, top 7 is a dream imo, cause if we continue with the same performance we will not reach any where.

To play for draw in a way game regardless of our opponent level is nothing but a failure.

Pezzer2 said:
One thing for sure the title is well beyond our grasp at the moment but top 4 is a very realistic aim and top 6 is a must.

Andouble said:
A few of my thoughts, for whatever they're worth (nothing)..

Bridge is immense. Running all over the place. Zab also did well defensively. Today was just one of those days where our crosses were falling to the other team. It happens.

I thought Kompany was very very poor, but I'll chalk it up to rust, he probably wasn't expecting to be playing 90 mins back from injury so soon. His distribution was very bad and he looked shaky with the ball at his feet under pressure.

Lescott had a good game and is getting better for us each game.

Barry/DeJong/Ireland just didn't do it, and I agreed with taking De Jong off. He hasn't been great (gave up the ball midweek for Scunthorpe's only goal, and gave away passes (and penalties) today). He's a great great tackler but I don't have much confidence when the ball is at his feet.

Bellamy, SWP, and Tevez all ran their socks off, the effort was there, unfortunately we couldn't break down the defense.

People say there aren't a lot of positives to take out of this game but we didn't lose, moved up to 4th, and kept a clean sheet. It could have been a worse day.
i thought komps did ok today, thats our first clean sheet in a while

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.