Official "Changes To Seasoncards" Thread

cleavers said:
Shaelumstash said:
It's basic economics, if you don't understand it by now I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you.
Just as well that city are only doing this to encourage "younger hungry loyal" fans eh ?

Yes because the older, apathetic fans who don't bother with the away's anymore will get the Gold, so the "younger hungry loyal" fans who want to go to every away game will start to catch them up. This means Gary 1970s can't just sit on his arse, not go to any away games and have his cup final ticket delivered by carrier pigeon the day they come out.<br /><br />-- Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Shaelumstash said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
well no, because your basic economics is codswallop.

Start here, read up for 20 minutes and if you are keeping up, get back to me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

stop being a condescending toad.

Loyalty points for gold-same as last season.
Loyalty points for platinum-double gold, so double from last season, MORE.

wake me up when you grasp that fact, it's not halved, it's doubled.

give me strength.

Fuck me mate, I don't mean to be condescending but if you don't understand my point by now you either never will or you don't want to, so let's just leave it there

Shaelumstash said:
cleavers said:
Shaelumstash said:
It's basic economics, if you don't understand it by now I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you.
Just as well that city are only doing this to encourage "younger hungry loyal" fans eh ?

Yes because the older, apathetic fans who don't bother with the away's anymore will get the Gold, so the "younger hungry loyal" fans who want to go to every away game will start to catch them up. This means Gary 1970s can't just sit on his arse, not go to any away games and have his cup final ticket delivered by carrier pigeon the day they come out.
You're comedy gold, what if Gary 1970's goes platinum ? He might have £50 spare. I'm curious how old you are.....

Shaelumstash said:
cleavers said:
Shaelumstash said:

Yes because the older, apathetic fans who don't bother with the away's anymore will get the Gold, so the "younger hungry loyal" fans who want to go to every away game will start to catch them up. This means Gary 1970s can't just sit on his arse, not go to any away games and have his cup final ticket delivered by carrier pigeon the day they come out.

-- Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am --

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Shaelumstash said:
Start here, read up for 20 minutes and if you are keeping up, get back to me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

stop being a condescending toad.

give me strength.

Fuck me mate, I don't mean to be condescending but if you don't understand my point by now you either never will or you don't want to, so let's just leave it there

you're the one not understanding!

cleavers said:
Shaelumstash said:
cleavers said:

You're comedy gold, what if Gary 1970's goes platinum ? He might have £50 spare. I'm curious how old you are.....

If Gary 1970's goes Platinum then doesn't go to any away's or cup games then he's not got anything for his £50 has he? The only way the £50 is worth spending is if you plan on going to away / cup games. If you plan on going to only home league games, you might as well just get Gold. This is why the new system benefits people who go to aways now which I think is a good thing

Shaelumstash said:
If Gary 1970's goes Platinum then doesn't go to any away's or cup games then he's not got anything for his £50 has he? The only way the £50 is worth spending is if you plan on going to away / cup games. If you plan on going to only home league games, you might as well just get Gold. This is why the new system benefits people who go to aways now which I think is a good thing
Oh I think he does, and he probably will go to some anyway. Gary 1970's probably hasn't had a pay rise this year, probably has a mortgage to service, maybe kids to pay for at the home games, so don't say Gary 1970's is apathetic, though you'd not understand that I expect.

However ignoring all that as its quite irrelevant, because City are doing this just for the "young hungry loyal" fan obviously, even though they get zero money from selling away tickets. So what other incentive is there ? Oh yes the £50 extra they take for giving you "points", that probably won't count for anything once corporate (rich) take all the tickets in 2, 3 or 4 years time. I hope you'll be rich by then....

JoeMercer'sWay said:

If you're going to get into a slanging match at least get the facts right.

Away games This Season (e.g. Everton)
"There will be 20 loyalty points awarded for attending this fixture."

Next Season:
GOLD - Loyalty awarded for attending Away league games 10 (Half of this season, LESS)
PLATINUM - Barclays Premier League away game 20 (Same as this season)

Regular Joe said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

If you're going to get into a slanging match at least get the facts right.

Away games This Season (e.g. Everton)
"There will be 20 loyalty points awarded for attending this fixture."

Next Season:
GOLD - Loyalty awarded for attending Away league games 10 (Half of this season, LESS)
PLATINUM - Barclays Premier League away game 20 (Same as this season)

same renewal points.

I'm thinking (hoping more like) of getting the Value gold card, however I've never had a season card before due to being well...poor, and so need a little advise.

Do the Value gold cards go on sale from the 1st to general public such as myself, or is that for card holders to renew?

MrOblivious said:
I'm thinking (hoping more like) of getting the Value gold card, however I've never had a season card before due to being well...poor, and so need a little advise.

Do the Value gold cards go on sale from the 1st to general public such as myself, or is that for card holders to renew?
Value gold will only be available to existing season card holders according to the club.

cleavers said:
MrOblivious said:

Value gold will only be available to existing season card holders according to the club.

Ahhh well, will just have to play it by ear and see how the income is going, hopefully my student finance and/or loan will be approved by the time I go to buy one *fingers crossed*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.