Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Its easy to say calm down but fucking difficult when we are in the frame for such a superb player. Wouldn't suprise me if this transfer happens on 31st August at one minute to midnite just to capture the headlines in a similar way that the signing of Robbie did last year.

Darker shade of Blue said:
citizen said:
Rammyblues said:
If Tevez signs for us, I can see him coming and re negotiating his wages. With a little bit of sponsorship from Umbro etc I suspect he will highest paid player at City.

yea agreed they will all follow, we just need that first big signing

I thought you had that big signing with Robinho . Wasn't that the plan with him ?
Well yeah but that's obviously worked because it's landed us Gareth Barry and looks like landing us Tevez.

Not having a pop at you because i like reading your posts but the press and plenty of people i talk to seem to ridicule us for signing the likes of Barry, Bridge, De Jong, Santa Cruz etc because none of them are 'world class superstars' yet when we try to sign a world class superstar we get ridiculed for trying to do things too fast - you can't buy 11 stars or whatever....

Just don't understand what we are supposed to do.lol.

He's doing a grand job in the transfer market. Each striker brought in provides a different threat without forcing us to change our style of play. The rest of the players are established internationals for good international teams. He's doing a good job.

ono said:
Not having a pop at you because i like reading your posts but the press and plenty of people i talk to seem to ridicule us for signing the likes of Barry, Bridge, De Jong, Santa Cruz etc because none of them are 'world class superstars' yet when we try to sign a world class superstar we get ridiculed for trying to do things too fast - you can't buy 11 stars or whatever....

He's doing a grand job in the transfer market. Each striker brought in provides a different threat without forcing us to change our style of play. The rest of the players are established internationals for good international teams. He's doing a good job.

That's an excellent post mate. Although it seems as though the tide is turning in the press. The more 'intelligent' papers are becoming more supportive of City, basically because they can see where this is going. It's the dumb rag dominated press that is still writing shit about us, they won't see the truck until its run them over and killed them.

citizen said:
citizen said:
Rammyblues said:
If Tevez signs for us, I can see him coming and re negotiating his wages. With a little bit of sponsorship from Umbro etc I suspect he will highest paid player at City.

I thought you had that big signing with Robinho . Wasn't that the plan with him ?

wish you would piss off to your own forum

ALL FOOTY FANs ARE WELCOME ON THIS FORUM IF THEY HAVE A DECENT CONTRIBUTION TO MAKE!

Fair enough the lad likes to be WUM at times, but it's mild and nowhere as annoying as the Scum cnuts on here, so wind your neck in!

ono said:
citizen said:
Rammyblues said:

Well yeah but that's obviously worked because it's landed us Gareth Barry and looks like landing us Tevez.

World class superstars aren't born world class superstars .
There's nothing wrong with your signings so far . No , they're not all A list names , but A list names can't win bugger all on their own , and many are hyped up too much .
Hughes is a good manager . Probably could have told City to do one after the grief the fans gave him , but he stuck to his guns and should be applauded for that .

i wouldn't worry about AC Milan. Eto'o fucking hates Ronaldinho.

CityPar said:
bobmcfc said:
i wouldn't worry about AC Milan. Eto'o fucking hates Ronaldinho.

Except AC are thought to be trying to punt Ronaldinho! They do that then Eto'o will probably head to Italy....
they wont get rid of him now kaka has gone imo

i know Eto is a world class striker but if the RSC and Tevez deals go through where do we fit him?

forget our defence for the moment we have 6 positions up for grabs in midfield and up front, i have to assume that Tevez has been pretty much guaranteed a starting spot and MH has spent all season banging on about presence up front, i'm assuming this is RSC. so here we go.

SWP---------------SUPERMAN -----------------BARRY--------------ROBBIE

-----------------TEVEZ---------------------------RSC-------------------

SUPERMAN-------------------------dEJONG--------------------------BARRY

TEVEZ------------------------------RSC---------------------------ROBBIE

----------------------------------DE JONG -------------------------------

TEVEZ----------------SUPERMAN----------BARRY-------------------ROBBIE

------------------------------------RSC-----------------------------------

Again i have based this on Tevez and RSC being nailed on starters in MH eyes if available. Kompany i have assumed will drop inti the back 4, but depending on what happens with Lescott and Toure who knows. Just think of the the players on the bench though,

I can't think of a time when i could sit down and not pick a first team due to the number of options available. Just shows how we are changing, i know the big man has said he wants top 6 but come on if these signings come off and we do also grap Eto surely the top 4 has to be a possibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.