Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

I really don't think it will work out as a good signing. Hopefully I'm horrifically wrong but I have never seen him play well. He's a pure goalscorer, not the focal point for the attack we need.

He's great at what he does. He gets goals. But his overall contribution every time I have seen him in the past year has been piss poor. Not the team player we need. He won't bring Robinho, Ireland and Tevez into play at all.

I fear it will go down as one of those terrible signings that just didn't work in the Premier League like Veron or something.

masterwig said:
I really don't think it will work out as a good signing. Hopefully I'm horrifically wrong but I have never seen him play well. He's a pure goalscorer, not the focal point for the attack we need.

He's great at what he does. He gets goals. But his overall contribution every time I have seen him in the past year has been piss poor. Not the team player we need. He won't bring Robinho, Ireland and Tevez into play at all.

I fear it will go down as one of those terrible signings that just didn't work in the Premier League like Veron or something.

Even so we have the backup there if it does go wrong.

masterwig said:

Anelka did well in the PL. Cole/Shearer/Yorke etc. all did well in the PL and they are out and out goal scorers that weren't renowned for link up play. But for being in the right place at the right time and scoring shit loads of goals.

masterwig said:

We shall see, I think you are very wrong, but let's wait and see.

Just imagine the first game of the season and looking at the opposing fans and saying " look at fuckin that... thats sammy eto... on the pitch there... playing next to Robinho... for us...

i think ive just had an accident in me st michaels thinkin about it.

masterwig said:

It'll be the job of those three to bring him into play for him to do what he does best....score goals

skyblue1894 said:
masterwig said:

It'll be the job of those three to bring him into play for him to do what he does best....score goals

This.

I think if we have secured Eto'o and Tevez then we need to turn our attentions to defence next. If Kompany isn't to be moved to the back we need 2 new CBs. Onuoha is ok but I'd prefer to rely on two experienced world class defenders with Ned as backup. Dunne is done for imo.

skyblue1894 said:
masterwig said:

I know what you're saying but I was happy with Santa Cruz to be honest.

I don't think I can cope with the speed the club is moving and the ambition of the owners. We're not used to it and I can't get my head round it. The owners ambition and vision is seemingly on another level from my own.

I'd have been happy with Barry, Santa Cruz and a defender this summer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.