Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

chorleybloo123 said:
The reason why United wouldn't be able to offer Eto'o as much as we would is because of their strict wage structure. That's why their highest earner can only get £120k per week, ie Rooney, Ronaldo(when he was there.)

EDIT: Moyes a PLEASANT person, you must be taking the piss?
you beat me to it,he`s horrible nasty fucker-good manager tho

In The Know said:
squirtyflower said:
In The Know said:
Whats your pproblem?
My ppproblem is you having an underhand pop at Hughes.

I'm not having an underhand pop at Hughes I'm openly criticising his abilities. I am saying Moyes is a better manager and a more pleasant person. Hughes will have to finish it the top 5 to keep his job and if he doesn't he deserves to lose it. Last season he won one game by changing his tatics, every other effort failed. That is a poor manager.
Good to see you getting behind the club la.

MANCHESTER CITY have completed a £25million swoop for Barcelona strike ace Samuel Eto'o.

And they will take their summer spending past the £90m mark by this week confirming they have also landed £30m hitman Carlos Tevez from Manchester United.

Cameroon star Eto'o, 28, is expected to travel to Manchester in the next few days to finalise the deal. Argentine Tevez will sign a four-year deal worth around £140,000 a week on Wednesday.

Eto'o, who initially demanded £200,000 a week after tax, will put pen to paper on a five-year deal worth £180k a week after tax, with further bonuses tied to success.

A source said: "The player could have earned similar money at Barca. But Eto'o and his people think City could be going places and is excited by the type of players they are attracting."

Eto'o's path to City appears to have been cleared by Barca, who are negotiating a £13m deal for Palmeiras whizz Keirrison. Sources believe the Brazilian will then be loaned to Valencia, in return for them letting David Villa go to the Nou Camp for £37m.

City have already spent £30m on Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/381573/Samuel-Etoo-and-Carlos-Tevez-to-join-City-Mega-rich-Eastlands-outfit-splash-pound55million-on-twin-superstars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3 ... stars.html</a>

story in tomorrows News Of the World

CITY DOUBLE SWOOP
Samuel Eto'o
Megabucks deals will be done this week
CARLOS TEVEZ - big wages
CARLOS TEVEZ - big wages
Image Flag

By AIDAN MAGEE, 27/06/2009
MANCHESTER CITY have completed a £25million swoop for Barcelona strike ace Samuel Eto'o.

And they will take their summer spending past the £90m mark by this week confirming they have also landed £30m hitman Carlos Tevez from Manchester United.

Cameroon star Eto'o, 28, is expected to travel to Manchester in the next few days to finalise the deal. Argentine Tevez will sign a four-year deal worth around £140,000 a week on Wednesday.

Eto'o, who initially demanded £200,000 a week after tax, will put pen to paper on a five-year deal worth £180k a week after tax, with further bonuses tied to success.

A source said: "The player could have earned similar money at Barca. But Eto'o and his people think City could be going places and is excited by the type of players they are attracting."

Eto'o's path to City appears to have been cleared by Barca, who are negotiating a £13m deal for Palmeiras whizz Keirrison. Sources believe the Brazilian will then be loaned to Valencia, in return for them letting David Villa go to the Nou Camp for £37m.

City have already spent £30m on Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz.

chorleybloo123 said:
The reason why United wouldn't be able to offer Eto'o as much as we would is because of their strict wage structure. That's why their highest earner can only get £120k per week, ie Rooney, Ronaldo(when he was there.)

EDIT: Moyes a PLEASANT person, you must be taking the piss?

Always makes me laugh, that.

Its not on mcfc.co.uk and the NoTW has about as much credibility as tribalfoootball. I'll wait for the club to tell me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.