Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Well, That's F***'in Blown It!

Bazinho said:
jrb said:
Here we go again. Swap Milan for Barca andBerlusconi for Joan Laporta.

And here's me thinking City had put a news blackout on all transfer dealings until they were complete. Once again the President has let the cat out of the bag on purpose. Not only will he(Laporta) take the glory for keeping Eto at Barca, 'he wants to stay', he also alerts all the big European clubs that he is for sale at the right price, if he really is for sale? Eto then does a Kaka(pressure from the fans and media) and turns us down, whilst proclaiming his love for Barca. Our owners, Cook and Hughes must be pulling their f***ing hair out. Not again. All that hard work for nothing. Rumour and paper talk are one thing, but confirmation from the club president is another. Unlike many of you I'm very disappointed this news has (finally) come out. I can see the Kaka scenario again and all the shit that followed it.
F***!

Your forgeting that Eto'o is in the final year of his contract and Barca aint gona pay him the wages he wants.

Barca want to sell him now and get 30mil as opposed to loosing him for nowt next summer.

good point that baz.

chill winston just wait for it to go official on bbc or sky sports....dont jump to conclusions so quick

warpig said:
Bazinho said:
jrb said:
Here we go again. Swap Milan for Barca andBerlusconi for Joan Laporta.

And here's me thinking City had put a news blackout on all transfer dealings until they were complete. Once again the President has let the cat out of the bag on purpose. Not only will he(Laporta) take the glory for keeping Eto at Barca, 'he wants to stay', he also alerts all the big European clubs that he is for sale at the right price, if he really is for sale? Eto then does a Kaka(pressure from the fans and media) and turns us down, whilst proclaiming his love for Barca. Our owners, Cook and Hughes must be pulling their f***ing hair out. Not again. All that hard work for nothing. Rumour and paper talk are one thing, but confirmation from the club president is another. Unlike many of you I'm very disappointed this news has (finally) come out. I can see the Kaka scenario again and all the shit that followed it.
F***!

Your forgeting that Eto'o is in the final year of his contract and Barca aint gona pay him the wages he wants.

Barca want to sell him now and get 30mil as opposed to loosing him for nowt next summer.

good point that baz.

Cheers mate

Barca want Villa and Keirrison but don't have the money for both.... at the moment.

Given City's publicly stated way of negotiating it seems to me the Eto'o deal must have been done and dusted for Laporta to come out with his comments.

Laporta has just done a Berlusconi to us. He's stitched us up big time. I'm 110% sure nobody at City sanctioned this press release. The pressure is now on Eto, not the President. 'City have made Eto a "stratospheric offer", not City have made Barca a "stratospheric offer" for Eto. He has put the ball in Eto's court. Stay with a smaller contract offer and he remains a Barca hero and La Porta wins. Eto leaves and Laporta makes out it was Eto's choice as he went for the money and they(Barca) could do nothing about it. It's all going to go tits up just like the Kaka deal, regardless of the circumstances.

jrb said:
Laporta has just done a Berlusconi to us. He's stitched us up big time. I'm 110% sure nobody at City sanctioned this press release. The pressure is now on Eto, not the President. 'City have made Eto a "stratospheric offer", not City have made Barca a "stratospheric offer" for Eto. He has put the ball in Eto's court. Stay with a smaller contract offer and he remains a Barca hero and La Porta wins. Eto leaves and Laporta makes out it was Eto's choice as he went for the money and they(Barca) could do nothing about it. It's all going to go tits up just like the Kaka deal, regardless of the circumstances.
352840552_7a9a0a6ec7.jpg

CALM THE FUCK DOWN :P

jrb said:

dontpanic.jpg

DONT PANIC!!!!

Was thinking the same myself.

What does my napper in is that the press jump on Laporta's words, just like they did with Milan.

We potentially could buy the most prolific footballer in world football for 25m. Thats a third what Madrid paid for Ronaldo, half of what they paid for Kaka, and less than United paid for the older Berbatov.

Yet all the killing football arguments are back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.