Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Is Eto'o Next? (MERGED)

flb said:
Its horses for courses,we have players at the club earning 70-80k a week who have never won fuck all-this guy IS world class on another level even from Robinho,Champions league winnners medals etc etc.

Go gey him Cooky

Agree 100%!

Im just dreaming of the following midfield and forward line come August 15th!

-------------De Jong----------------
------Ireland---------Barry----------
--Tevez-------Eto'o--------Robinho--

For me that is a midfield/attack that could easily challenge for the top 4! Obviously it will also depend on what our back line looks like but hopefully people will now start to see what I mean when I say that if we want to go places and challenge the elite there is no room for sentiment and players like Richard Dunne need to be shipped out. Nobody will take us seriously when we have that midfield and forward line yet they see Captain Calamity lining up alongside them!

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Everyone else has been taking the limelight in the press

Manu/Madrid/Milan etc

I think our time is coming and its pretty quiet in the papers...

Time to show some intent.

Bang, Bang. Cooky comes up trumps SAS style.

OrigamiNinja said:
flb said:
Its horses for courses,we have players at the club earning 70-80k a week who have never won fuck all-this guy IS world class on another level even from Robinho,Champions league winnners medals etc etc.

Go gey him Cooky

Agree 100%!

Im just dreaming of the following midfield and forward line come August 15th!

-------------De Jong----------------
------Ireland---------Barry----------
--Tevez-------Eto'o--------Robinho--

For me that is a midfield/attack that could easily challenge for the top 4! Obviously it will also depend on what our back line looks like but hopefully people will now start to see what I mean when I say that if we want to go places and challenge the elite there is no room for sentiment and players like Richard Dunne need to be shipped out. Nobody will take us seriously when we have that midfield and forward line yet they see Captain Calamity lining up alongside them!

That line up... whew

It makes me want to do things I thought I'd never do.

flb said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
C_T_I_D said:
davelyncooper said:
I do not want the mercenary git anywhere near a city shirt,

If said 'mercenary git' puts it in the onion bag I couldn't care less.

Have to agree.
And whats with the "mercenary" tag?
Do some world-class players play for nothing?
Anybody who works in this world does it for the dosh,and they want that dosh to be as much as possible.
Its called capitalism.
And footballers are no exception.
Yes,but as any dirty rag will tell you every footballer on the planet dreams of playing for United,they are the only football club in the world with any history,didnt you know that?
their fucking history started in 1958!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/trashtalk/2009/06/18/man-city-on-verge-of-huge-signing-66331-23909659/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-s ... -23909659/</a>

Short and to the point.

markbmcfc said:
Can I just ask....what the feck has it got to do with us how much we pay for him or how much he earns?

Its not our money, its City's, and we have a shit load of it.

Regardless of what papers say, he will be on close to what Robinho earns. Sponsors will also contribute to his wages.

When your signing big players they earn big money, either accept it and get on with it, or yearn for Ged Brannan to come back.

I agree the figures about wages - will just be media bollox - remember when some of them spouted off we were going to pay Kaka £500-600K a week.

How can we be on the verge of signing him? Nothing has been reported in the press about it.

Daviesmcfc said:
How can we be on the verge of signing him? Nothing has been reported in the press about it.

Ah the press, if they dont know about it, its never going to happen is it!

Perhaps business is just being conducted properly.

I don't believe a deal can be done for any of the top 15 players in the world without the press getting hold of it.

Sure for someone like Gareth Barry but not Eto

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.