Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Is Eto'o Next? (MERGED)

OrigamiNinja said:
flb said:
Its horses for courses,we have players at the club earning 70-80k a week who have never won fuck all-this guy IS world class on another level even from Robinho,Champions league winnners medals etc etc.

Go gey him Cooky

Agree 100%!

Im just dreaming of the following midfield and forward line come August 15th!

-------------De Jong----------------
------Ireland---------Barry----------
--Tevez-------Eto'o--------Robinho--

For me that is a midfield/attack that could easily challenge for the top 4! Obviously it will also depend on what our back line looks like but hopefully people will now start to see what I mean when I say that if we want to go places and challenge the elite there is no room for sentiment and players like Richard Dunne need to be shipped out. Nobody will take us seriously when we have that midfield and forward line yet they see Captain Calamity lining up alongside them!

Seen this line up many times in the last few days and it's almost to good to be true.
But if we were to get Tevez & Eto'o we would be a threat to win the dam thing and not just fighting for a top 4 place.
We would also have backup as good as any in the league, SWP-Petrov-Johnson??-Bellamy-Bojinov-Santa Cruz??
And there will still be another 3 signings to come (defenders) and with no European distractions, who knows how far this team would go!

tonytheblueboy said:
his wage demands are extreme, how ever city will be looking at shirt sales, sponserships, merchandise, and raising the profile to a level related to a global enterprise, so in that respect city will recoup most of the outlay. we would also hope to get champions league football in the next year or two so the money generated from that will off set any out lay to some extent. so I say go get Eto'o

come on city.

My god someone is finally getting it - the money does not matter providing we can generate it back around the world. Football globally is going to shift again and we better be on that boat, there will be a exclusive European league and like it or not we want to be part of that.

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Wonder how Barca missing out on Villa will effect this. I cant see them taking a 30 goals a season world class striker out of the team without replacing him first.

Id hazard a guess at Forlan if they are.

markbmcfc said:
Can I just ask....what the feck has it got to do with us how much we pay for him or how much he earns?

Its not our money, its City's, and we have a shit load of it.

Regardless of what papers say, he will be on close to what Robinho earns. Sponsors will also contribute to his wages.

When your signing big players they earn big money, either accept it and get on with it, or yearn for Ged Brannan to come back.

Pip pip - exactly my man

Benarbia said:
I don't believe a deal can be done for any of the top 15 players in the world without the press getting hold of it.

Sure for someone like Gareth Barry but not Eto

Hit the Daily Mail this morning. Thats the sort of hard evidence your looking for?

OrigamiNinja said:
flb said:
Its horses for courses,we have players at the club earning 70-80k a week who have never won fuck all-this guy IS world class on another level even from Robinho,Champions league winnners medals etc etc.

Go gey him Cooky

Agree 100%!

For me that is a midfield/attack that could easily challenge for the top 4! Obviously it will also depend on what our back line looks like but hopefully people will now start to see what I mean when I say that if we want to go places and challenge the elite there is no room for sentiment and players like Richard Dunne need to be shipped out. Nobody will take us seriously when we have that midfield and forward line yet they see Captain Calamity lining up alongside them!

Another 3 according to our chairman maybe 2 Toures and a Lescott

PoolHustler said:
OrigamiNinja said:
flb said:

Go gey him Cooky

Agree 100%!

Seen this line up many times in the last few days and it's almost to good to be true.
But if we were to get Tevez & Eto'o we would be a threat to win the dam thing and not just fighting for a top 4 place.
We would also have backup as good as any in the league, SWP-Petrov-Johnson??-Bellamy-Bojinov-Santa Cruz??
And there will still be another 3 signings to come (defenders) and with no European distractions, who knows how far this team would go!

I think winning the league just yet is out of the equation. But with the right purchases we can certainly challenge the Top 4. We just need the Tevez and Eto'o deals to come off and then concentrate souly on Top class Defenders.

Talk about theory's but anybody think we are waiting on Defenders so we can attract better one's if the Eto'o and Tevez deals come off? I think we may just end up with Lescott but probably for a crazy price.

-------------- Given

Zab -- Kompany(c) -- Lescott -- Bridge

--------------De Jong

--------- Ireland-----Barry

Tevez------------------------Robinho

-------------- Eto'o

Blue Coop said:
PoolHustler said:
OrigamiNinja said:
flb said:

Go gey him Cooky

Agree 100%!

I think winning the league just yet is out of the equation. But with the right purchases we can certainly challenge the Top 4. We just need the Tevez and Eto'o deals to come off and then concentrate souly on Top class Defenders.

Talk about theory's but anybody think we are waiting on Defenders so we can attract better one's if the Eto'o and Tevez deals come off? I think we may just end up with Lescott but probably for a crazy price.

-------------- Given

Zab -- Kompany(c) -- Lescott -- Bridge

--------------De Jong

--------- Ireland-----Barry

Tevez------------------------Robinho

-------------- Eto'o
love this^

anybody else notice that the article on eto'o in the daily mail, isnt making out that he might come but more like he WILL come? normally journos make it sound like hes coming but always leave the story open for if players dont sign etc, but to me that seems concrete, weather it can be belived is another thing though, but seems to me that its rather nailed on!!

Danny St.helens CTID said:
anybody else notice that the article on eto'o in the daily mail, isnt making out that he might come but more like he WILL come? normally journos make it sound like hes coming but always leave the story open for if players dont sign etc, but to me that seems concrete, weather it can be belived is another thing though, but seems to me that its rather nailed on!!

Im sure the next 48 hours will hold lots of information for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.