Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

MCFC* said:
No doubt he is a realy good player at 28 years of age just the sort of player we need but surley we can buy some one eles Of that calibire for 25 mil and between 180 k and 250k a week no one should be worth that for us or anyone

what about ruud Van Nistluroy 3mil to blackburn or spurs - no thanks
Aguero? - would cost about 50 mill
Deigo Forlan? - similar age not as good
Hunteelar? - not even close to eto'o
Mario Gomez? - already gone to bayern

Eto'o is in the top 3 strikers in the world, to get him to consider city we have to pay him a lot of money. If we have the money there is no reason we shouldnt spend it.

MCFC* said:
No doubt he is a realy good player at 28 years of age just the sort of player we need but surley we can buy some one eles Of that calibire for 25 mil and between 180 k and 250k a week no one should be worth that for us or anyone

what about ruud Van Nistluroy 3mil to blackburn or spurs
Aguero?
Deigo Forlan?
Hunteelar?
Mario Gomez?

Aguero £50mill and still learning his trade
Forlan £20mill less goals to games average than Eto'o, is older than Eto'o and has shown he can't cut it in the Premier League
Huntelaar moved to Real and has done nothing
Mario Gomez is absolute wank, seen him plenty of times playing for ze germans and has left me speechless for all the wrong reasons

The above strikers dont average a goal every 1.48 games either. Eto'o is worth more than £25mill and i would defiantely pay him the wages rumoured in the press. The guy is absolute class

yeah red cafe is no where near as bad as you would expect in terms of rag arrogance/delusion/general sliminess to be fair. I'v heard different things about red issue though...
Some of their fans are spectacularly stupid.

cj_sparky: Manucho is the Black Pele

On the subject of penalty takers next season.
redwhiteblack: i'd like to see Rooney rise to the task and i think after the first 5 or so, he'd be solid.
What? So the first 5 are just practice penalties? How many do they expect to get in a season?

On the merits of Park Ji-Sung.
Decatron: Not many wingers can mark messi out of a game
What game was that then?

My favourite is cw1984, who has the tagline "I'm SO desperate for some recognition on an internet forum".
cw1984: Benitez has made himself look like a fool. (His own thread). That's efact. He's imploded spectacularly and then seen his Liverpool side struggle at Stoke which i think now means they now have a lower points total than the same stage last season!
St Red: 7 points better off than at this stage last season.

cw:1984: Anyone speak latin? (Another of his own inane threads). That banner we have at OT says Numquam Moribimur which is suppose to mean "We'll Never Die". If you stick it in a translator it seems Moribimur does mean "too die" but Numquam doesn't seem to exist. Can anyone clear that up?
Mihajlovic: numquam - never. mori - to die. which means something like "never die we will"
cw1984: I'm thinking of potential tattoo ideas you see.....

In a discussion about WWF Wrestling on TV. (They discuss some wierd things over there).
cw1984: Approach it as a television drama and its fine i guess.

He has contributed on a thread called "Rate Your Girlfriends tits (Pictures Welcome)"

In his own thread 28 May 2009 entitled "Deleted Thread".
cw1984: Why did my thread get deleted yesterday? It was in the United forum and the title was something to do with getting cheated out of the Champions League final. It was clearly a light hearten joke to make people smile after a horrible result.
esmufc09: The mods/admins are trying to improve the quality of the United forum so I think that's why it may have been deleted.
cw1984: I didn't get to see the replies though, i wanted to see if any muppets thought i was actually being serious or if they got it.
golden_blunder (mod): I almost banned you, if its any consolation

Early May 2009 hypothetically about how Barcelona would fare in the Premier League.
cw1984: So you're saying that Barcelona are quality and would destroy everyone, as long as they don't defend. Oh right, ok. Do me a favour. They simply can't handle it.

Stating the obvious about United's front pairing for next season.
cw1984: It will simply be a front 2 of Rooney and Berbatov, at times during the game Rooney will be deeper and at others it will be Berbatov.

The Eto'o thread.
cw1984: Chances are City will use a variation of this modern 433, so competing for the front 3 spots they have: Petrov, SWP, Elano, Caicedo, Bojinov, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Jo, Tevez and Eto'o. That's gunna be a lot of unhappy forwards at City. Unless they go 442, which i can't see to be honest. 'Unless they go 442'. How does that make things better?
cw1984: I expect their regular midfield to be:
De Jong
Ireland Barry
Furious George: Surely that should be Barry Island?
cw1984: I see what you did there.
Well worked out!
cw1984: In the second half of the season they lined up like this (more often than not)
Given
Richards Dunne Kompany Bridge
De Jong
Gelson/Elano Ireland
SWP Bellamy Robinho

More not than often. VK rarely at CB. Gelson / Elano / Bellamy rarely started.
cw1984: Which is what makes me think they'll go with something similar this coming season:
Given
Yes.
Richards Dunne Kompany Bridge Maybe 1 or 2 out of 4.
DeJong
Ireland Barry
Possibly.
Petrov/SWP/Caicedo/Bojinov/Bellamy/Santa Cruz/Robinho/Jo/Tevez/Eto'o 4-3-3 it is then.
Same thread, but moved on to Tevez.

cw1984: Ronaldo i wish well, Tevez can go **** himself for all i care, "i don't feel loved" bull shit. A stadium full of people showing undying love for you, begging the manager to sign you up and you repay us by ******* off to our same city rivals?! And i used to be a Tevez fanboi before any of you c**** start.
Not according to what you posted in November 2008.
cw1984: I'm sorry but when someone gets paid all that money they should be perfect every week! 30mil for someone that is iffy with his form... pfffffft **** that. Get rid!

Eto'o's record is phenominal, he's got another 3 years in his prime and hopefully they will be spent with us :)

mind games

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/110632/City-won-t-give-Eto-o-megabucks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/110 ... -megabucks</a>

Kinky by name said:
mind games

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/110632/City-won-t-give-Eto-o-megabucks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/110 ... -megabucks</a>

Anything on the wires(I nearly typed whores) KBN ?

AntonDonJuan said:
Eto'o's record is phenominal, he's got another 3 years in his prime and hopefully they will be spent with us :)

I saw his goals to games ratio earlier on today, it really is incredible...

1 in 1.27 (if I remember correctly) throughout his entire career.

And to think I was delighted that we were signing Benjani a little over a year ago!!

How times change...

stony said:
Kinky by name said:
mind games

Anything on the wires(I nearly typed whores) KBN ?

nowt other than what's out already, though I am at home now and my home log-in is fucked atm. I think the reports are accurate; I just hope he accepts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.