Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

all these rags dont realize that maybe playing for barca is amazin cos of the club the history and what they have achieved and what they are still doing on the pitch but it doesn't mean that a player doesn't want a new challenge after years playing in the same league and iff your gunna come to england then we are the team with the brightest future ahead off us and titles in are sights he can be a part of somethin special, the money is just a bonus and in my opinion what he deserves.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/28/manchester-city-samuel-etoo-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... -barcelona</a>

just a link from tomoz guardian confirming the offer for eto, nice to see tevez loan deal exspire on tuesday the day mh gets back from holiday ;)

To the banana boat song.
Day-o, Day-o, Daylight Come And Me Want Go Home

Eto-o, eto-o, he gets a chance and he strokes the ball home.
Even got an African twang to it.

Probably to big for a banner but

''Kiss me where the sun don't shine
The past was yours
But the future's mine
You're all out of time''

(:

Even Barca news have the story on Eto leaving

Samuel to leave Barca for City

According to the British newspaper “News of the World” Manchester City already finished €30 million swoop for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto’o.
It is expected that Eto’o will travel to Manchester in the following days to wrap up the deal.
Different sources state that Eto’o will agree to a five year deal with a salary of €210.000 per week after tax which is €25.000 less from his initial demand.
However, Eto’o could earn similar money at Barca, but he said that he wants a new challenge and he likes City’s vision and players that they attract.

Source: FC Barcelona news

Eto-Robinho looks very promising

The projected wage seems to keep changing, but perhaps that has something to do with the tax free situation. I wonder if there are tax concessions for doing it that way around.

interesting side note on kerrison to barca:

<a class="postlink" href="http://fourfourtwo.com/news/southamerica/33234/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fourfourtwo.com/news/southameric ... fault.aspx</a>

Reuters - Rio de Janerio - Former Brazil and Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo has been sacked by Palmeiras in a row over striker Keirrison's future.

"After a board meeting on Friday night, Vanderlei Luxemburgo is no longer trainer of the professional team," the Sao Paulo-based club said on their website.

Palmeiras said on Friday they had received a big money offer from Barcelona for Keirrison, who has only been at Palmeiras for six months, and that the 20-year-old would not play for the team while negotiations were ongoing.

Luxemburgo was angered by this decision and told Palmeiras that under his charge he would not pick Keirrison again even if the striker's transfer did not go through.

"Keirrison showed a lack of professionalism and respect towards me and the squad so, while I'm coach, he will no longer play for Palmeiras," Luxemburgo had said on his blog.

The sacking had nothing to do with results on the pitch, the club said. The team were knocked out of the Libertadores Cup in last week's quarter-finals.

Media reports put Barcelona's offer for Keirrison, last year's top scorer in the Brazilian championship with 20 goals playing for Coritiba at 15 million euro.

sorry if it's been posted before.

Todays sun:

MANCHESTER CITY have offered to make Samuel Eto'o the world's highest-paid player - on £250,000 A WEEK!
The Barcelona striker will earn £13million a year if the £25m switch goes through.

Barca president Joan Laporta said: "Eto'o has a stratospheric offer from City that would convert him into the best-paid player in the world.

"It is starting to dawn on him that he has a brutal offer. He wants to stay but an offer like this is difficult to turn down."

Eto'o, 28, bagged 34 goals last season, including the opener in the 2-0 Champions League final win over Manchester United.

He has only one year left on his contract, which is why Barca are keen to cash in on the Cameroon star rather than lose him on a free next season.

The Catalans could not match City's offer as it DOUBLES his current wages.

It will also dwarf Cristiano Ronaldo's pay packet at Real Madrid.

Laporta also admitted Barca still want Liverpool ace Javier Mascherano.

He said: "Mascherano is a close friend of Leo Messi. We will see what happens. He's a player I like very much."

Is it me or do they use the £250,000 a week all the time? They quoted that with Kaka

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.