Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

hgblue said:
blueinsa said:
Eto'o to City = Done deal imho

Football politics being played, thats all!

Barca are selling him and he wants whats due to him.

It will get paid one way or the other and he will be a Blue.

Not ITK just my opinion.

Sorry, but aren't you supposed to be panicking, and screaming like a little girl, 'It's Kaka all over again'?

LOL

Refuse to mate, really hope he signs and i think he will!

However Eto'o or no Fookin Eto'o i will still be a blue, i will still go to bed tonight, i will still get up tomorrow and i will still have to go to fookin work!

That said i really do think this is a done deal and we are just seeing lots of brinkmanship at the moment!

CTID....Eto'o or not!

The loyality bonus seems to be the problem according to most on here. What a petty thing to be dealing with, give him the contract to sign on and give him a mars bar for a signing on fee the greedy ******. ;)

Pam said:
I agree that it's brinkmanship by Barca and gun jumping by the media and it isn't pretty, but clearly the deal isn't dead yet.
I still don't understand what's behind this press conference thing, though and I still say it can't mean anything too sinister because City are never going to let that happen without beating Eto to the punch on any major announcement. But I have been known to be a bit of a wishful thinker at times.

i dont get the press conference either! why would they drag the press out just so eto'o can say im staying at barca?

marco said:
jrb said:
I know it's the prinicpal, but £10mill or even £5mill if Barca split the differnce is nothing to ADUG. Thye've just made £1.5bill on shares. FFS! Pay Eto £10mill or £5mill extra and get him signed.
i think its vital we sign this player he will open the door for others to follow, adug is going to have to pass the big brown envelope underneath the table here

I don't see how we can walk away from this one if it is only down to a 'mere 10 million'. Get Eto'o then never again will be held over a barrel by anyone - if we don't we look prats and the next big target will try it on. Get Eto'o we're in the big league - no more mr niceguy required. If he will come for the package plus loyalty bonus we would be madmen to walk away imo.

Rammyblues said:
GC should make it clear that this is the only offer he will get from City, if he turns us down which he is perfectly entitled to do we don't get linked with him again, even if out of contract he is unlikely to make the same money. It will be his loss not ours.

At the same time pointing out to Barcelona, just how much AC lost out on the Kaka-City deal when he subsequently went to Madrid..........in a subtle way of course!!

bluemoon32 said:
blupoo said:
Bunk said:
I deal with cheeky bastards almost daily in my line of work, always looking to turn you over at the negotiating table. There's only 1 way of dealing with people like this - Decisively and Aggressively. I would say "So Samu, your ONLY issue is this 10m loyalty fee, correct?" To which he would presumably reply "yes". I would then say "Great! We'll cover you for the 10m providing you sign this contract right fucking now". He has no reason to say no as the club would have already removed the final stumbling block, if he says he needs more time to think it through, tell him to fuck off right there and then.

I like this, and agree

I don't see why we should pay the 'loyalty' bonus, nowt to do with us.

Well that all depends on how much we want the player. Personally, if I had a net worth of over 1.5 trillion, I'd pay it. I'm not sure that the club can afford not to pay it now, the damage done in the event of another collapsed deal would be too great.

Ultimately you have to blame Bareclona, or more specifically Laporta for this mess, he shouldn't have blabbed yesterday, these final issues could have (and should have) been ironed out away from the glaring eye of the media.

I was about 60% sure he would come and nothing has changed.

His agent saying "he is staying unless blah blah blah" isn't all bad. It means we are still on if money can be sorted out, not that it's dead. The mooted press conference will be to put pressure on City and/or Barca to meet his terms.

How can Eto'o stay now that his agent has basically said the reason for staying would be to piss Barca off? Barca would have to put him in the reserves all year. Eto'o almost certainly has to leave after that.

The press just pick up on "he is staying" I look at "unless"

Not over for us yet and I can't see him staying at Barca now that relations between him and Barca must be as bad as Madrid and Robinho.

All about the money, all about the dum dum diddle dum dum...............

I don't understand how some people say they will not believe a player has signed until it's on the official site or City say something but are ready to believe that a player has turned us down without the player himself saying something official

Rammyblues said:
GC should make it clear that this is the only offer he will get from City, if he turns us down which he is perfectly entitled to do we don't get linked with him again, even if out of contract he is unlikely to make the same money. It will be his loss not ours.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.