Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

mcfc_forlife said:
Pam said:
I agree that it's brinkmanship by Barca and gun jumping by the media and it isn't pretty, but clearly the deal isn't dead yet.
I still don't understand what's behind this press conference thing, though and I still say it can't mean anything too sinister because City are never going to let that happen without beating Eto to the punch on any major announcement. But I have been known to be a bit of a wishful thinker at times.

i dont get the press conference either! why would they drag the press out just so eto'o can say im staying at barca?

I don't think this is dead either just the agent/adviser trying to secure more money.

I can't see how he can stay now because the fans will know he's staying for personal gain and could go now giving them the transfer fee!!

I'm not ITK though :) just my personal opinion.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/June/29/etoo-transfer-in-doubt-over-bonus-demand-press/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/June ... and-press/</a>

It's not very nice all this but I think there's been an over reaction to on these boards because of an element of innate pessimism and the shite way SSN spin every thing for maximum viewer ratings.

From El Mundo Deportivo

According to Mundo Deportivo has learned, the representative of Samuel Eto'o, Josep Maria Mesalles convenes Tuesday for a press conference at the AC Diplomatic for reporting the official position of his client, the more determined to stay at FC Barcelona as accept the offer from Manchester City. As the player finds it unacceptable that the club wants to show that the conditions of contract 'Samu' are paralyzing the operation between FC Barcelona and Manchester City and says that the first option of Cameroon remains the club azulgrana. . Thus, this Monday morning, the operation is more open than ever and Eto'o has not given a definitive yes to the British operation. . For now, the option of staying in sports champion Europe (and leave open the next season) outweighs the option.

. The transfer of Samuel Eto'o to Manchester City and depends exclusively on the Cameroonian striker, as the agreement between FC Barcelona and the English club is almost closed and around 30 million, as reported by Sports World. Now decide Eto'o, who is now scheduled to arrive in Paris and is already familiar with the offer that the City has sent its representative: 10 million net per season, a figure well above the highest Barça be willing to offer a contract extension that would make the Cameroonian striker best paid in the world.

Barca is satisfied with the amount fixed as 30 million total for the transfer, but will accept the formula of 27 variables fixed at 3, which was the latest proposal by Manchester City. . The problem for the transaction can be closed is in the premium transfer Samuel Eto'o wants to receive. . Eto'o believes that within a year of free contract, it could negotiate more favorable terms than those of Manchester City win now and would be able to claim a premium transfer, which means that it is a compensation .

The money from the City

The City, however, does not want to pay more, since it feels it has already been quite generous in his offer, with both Barca and with the front. . If you come to 30 million in the agreement with FC Barcelona, will not pay for a premium transfer.. Eto'o, then, now more than ever the key to the operation, although the strategy has not changed too camerounais: contracts with the Barça, knows that in 2010 negotiated under more advantageous conditions and their first choice is to continue in Camp Nou.. But it is negotiating with another club, which had not happened so far.

. The City relies on their ability to convince those 10 million net for each of the five seasons that offers camerounais. . The club of Manchester United's great rival citizen is aware of its limitations competitive as it has not been rated for play eurotorneos, but dreams of building a winning team thanks to the millions provided by the Abu Dhabi tycoon Sulaiman Al-Fahim, already convinced Robinho and Tevez, among others.

Barca has not made any formal offer for Eto'o to extend its contract, among other things because the Club Barcelona are well aware of what the economic aspirations of the Cameroonian striker for quite some time, aspirations that Barca can not meet. . Eto'o is therefore more than ever who has the key for Barca and Manchester City could give the transaction closed.

Foe23 said:
mcfc_forlife said:
Pam said:
I agree that it's brinkmanship by Barca and gun jumping by the media and it isn't pretty, but clearly the deal isn't dead yet.
I still don't understand what's behind this press conference thing, though and I still say it can't mean anything too sinister because City are never going to let that happen without beating Eto to the punch on any major announcement. But I have been known to be a bit of a wishful thinker at times.

i dont get the press conference either! why would they drag the press out just so eto'o can say im staying at barca?

I don't think this is dead either just the agent/adviser trying to secure more money.

I can't see how he can stay now because the fans will know he's staying for personal gain and could go now giving them the transfer fee!!

I'm not ITK though :) just my personal opinion.

his agent may have been told by us to say that to keep the deal under wraps till wednesday. then we announce tevez, lescott at the same time. damn i hope im right

Bonus arguments/news just coming out on NNMC.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Manchester+City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... ester+City</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.