Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

DontLookBackInAnger said:
when yesterday everyone, though he was being a dick.

not me :-)

As i've said from the start - if there is 10M on the table, its the agents job to do his best to secure it for his client (not even thinking of his own cut)

Pollerz said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
neil jung said:
Daily Mail have changed their tune

Samuel Eto'o's agent has paved the way for the striker's move to Manchester City after hitting out at Barcelona's handling of the summer transfer wrangle.

Josep Maria Mesalles, the Cameroon star's representative, today said Eto'o was happy to stay at the Nou Camp but would not stand in the way if the European champions wanted to cash in.

Mesalles says he had agreed to 'work in co-operation' to get the best for both his player and Barcelona.

Eto'o's camp is thought to be angered by Barcelona president Joan Laporta openly talking of bids from Manchester City and Mesalles said: 'He was rated at 30-35million euros. I don't think this is a realistic price as his contract ends next year.

'We have been told about the offer from City and I tell (the Barcelona board) that if they reach an agreement with them, I don't have a problem dealing with the English club.

'Eto'o wants to stay at Barca, but we will not hinder the club if they seek his departure.'

This sounds promising!

Why are MEN not reporting on this they should be watching and be quicker to post an article!

whahaha the journos dont have a fukin clue!
he is comin clear as day, someone get over there and bring him back to us

What do u think Cooks doing now? Lol I wonder if its basically a madhouse down at COMS today.[/quote]

Probably thinking"Shall i pop on bluemoon for 10 minutes?"

I would like to here something out of COMS today or tomorrow though. Im not sure if anyone down their is alive at the moment.

Agent Eto'o Press Conference: Live Coverage

Josep Maria Mesalles, the agent of Barcelona forward and Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o, has said at a press conference that the player didn't yet talk about figures with Manchester City an that all figures put forward by the media are as a consecuence false.

The club has been spreading figures that aren't true and has leaked to the press that they were about to offer a renewal, while the player nor the agent had heard anything from the club.

The agent has been told that Guardiola and the club don't want Eto'o anymore. The player had told the club he wouldn't have any problem to continue at Barcelona earning the same wages. Barcelona had offered the player to renew with a lower salry. Last night, a new offer came.

Core of the message: the club has been speaking with a double tongue and has been misleading the fans, using the media and twisting facts.

The agent is now showing sms messages he received from club officials. This means war, baby!

sms from Sanllehí, 29 June, 11:35 pm: "the Club has decided to offer you the renewal of Eto'o for two more years, keeping the current salary of the player"

Eto'o wants to stay and doesn't understand the whole situation.

The club would have been acting like this because someone don't want Eto'o anymore at the club and Mesalles would be surprised if that person would be Guardiola.

Barcelona doesn't want the player and has been spreading lies to the press making Eto'o look greedy, that's why Eto'o doesn't want to renew at this point.

Messales points at Manel Estiarte, confident of Guardiola, as the person who has been constantly leaking to the press.

Eto'o went on holiday thinking that he would be able to continue because he had the suport of the coach and the squad.

There's no offer by Manchester City, this information has been leaked to the press to put pressure on Eto'o to leave.

Eto'o wants to stay but he won't boycott the club if they are looking for another club.

In a first meeting, the club told that they wanted to work on the best solution for all parties. Later, they said they didn't want him anymore and started to look at the offers.

The club wanted to sell Eto'o for 30-35 million euro, which the agent thinks is too much for a player with only one year left, that no club will pay that.

The agent said that if Barcelona would reach an agreement with City, he was willing to start negotiations with the English club.

Mesalles didn't yet talk with City, so if the president talks about a supposed record offer, he's not telling the truth. It's also false that Eto'o has asked half the transfer fee, like media have been suggesting.

Eto'o wouldn't mind staying, he feels he could still be useful for the club.

The agent doesn't think the coach has made the decision that casused all this. Eto'o didn't hear anything of Guardiola since the end of the season.

Barcelona played a double game by using the media to damage the image of Eto'o and to come out as the good ones.

gh_mcfc said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/mcgovern/2009/06/30/eto-o-will-be-quids-in-at-city-115875-21482508/

Bile , bitterness and jelousy . This article has change my mind... Give him every penny and more

"The club which nornallly has 0 after its name" - Tw@ttyness of the highest order

Article by Dereck McGovern, with additional reporting by John Shaw

WTF. additional reporting , a five year old could have written better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.