Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

wrongun73 said:
we're in a no win situation, you need the better players to get you the success, but they wont come until youve got the success!!

Unless you give 'em shit loads of money!

wrongun73 said:
we're in a no win situation, you need the better players to get you the success, but they wont come until youve got the success!!

Which is why it takes time. You have to go middle of table, upper half of table, top 6 (and playing in Europe), then top 4 and CL. And as you progress you can attract better and better players. So this takes 2 or 3 seasons and maybe 6 transfer windows realistically

All the money in the world won't make most top players move.

However, there is ONE way to fast track all of this and sign all the players you need and win things in season 1. That is, hire a TOP international manager with enormous pulling power. Sadly we seem to have ruled out this option, for some bizarre reason.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1194107/AC-Milan-meet-Barca-Italians-line-ditch-rival-bid-Manchester-City-target-Etoo.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Fuck Milan. I'm really starting to hate that club.

This is a familiar pattern by now everyone, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Both Ronaldinho and Kaka have used City to increase their wages at other clubs and never intended to come here. If we're so favoured we should put our foot down and say we need a decision by a particular date. As it is it looks like we'll have another 2-3 weeks of this posing and playing with leaks to the press, after which Tevez goes to Chelsea and Eto'o to Inter. They're taking the piss.

RobinJo said:
Eto'o likes money though, fuck Milan.

They've got plenty after Real Madrid gave them £56 million for Kaka. Don't forget that Ronaldinho 'liked money' and we gave Barca a better transfer fee offer than Milan for him, and he still went there.

Dobsy87 said:
RobinJo said:
Eto'o likes money though, fuck Milan.

They've got plenty after Real Madrid gave them £56 million for Kaka.

Will they give his 180k a week though. Doubt it. Milan are probably the stupidest club around.

Milan playing the glamourous club and history again. Now what does that remind me of from 12 months ago?

Here is where we get the "We cant compete with Citys financial power so we will have to back down" line from Galliani.

Then five minutes later they will be continuously pushing out their international players for sound bites.

It will be interesting to see what Ronaldinho has to say now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.