Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

MonsallBlue said:
AC milan are interested, Inter are INTERested, Barca want to keep him.....

None can match our spending.

Think its going to go to the wire. Champ league football over money? I hope not

Where does it say this?

fact. we have not managed to sign a single player once the transfer becomes drawn out, even rsc has taken nearly three transfer windows what a drama signing if it ever happens. look at real madrid want kaka get kaka, want ronaldo get ronaldo simples. we have not got a chance of anyone unless there are no other options for the player, ronaldhino for example then they ask for massive wages and then they might come. robinho was desperate to flee so would of signed for anyone, even bellamy dragged on and on. we need some proper negoitiators and a proper manager to entice players otherwise forget it. look at the 550 page tevez drama its a joke if he wants to come get him if not forget him never mind let me see whats available. wake up city.

Lovin the fact this is turning to a hughes out thread. Jesus give the man a chance. His signings have been on the whole impressive thus far. He has a target of 6th which if he doesnt get he goes. We all know that. So chill and support the team (hughes included)

bluebrandon said:
fact. we have not managed to sign a single player once the transfer becomes drawn out, even rsc has taken nearly three transfer windows what a drama signing if it ever happens. look at real madrid want kaka get kaka, want ronaldo get ronaldo simples. we have not got a chance of anyone unless there are no other options for the player, ronaldhino for example then they ask for massive wages and then they might come. robinho was desperate to flee so would of signed for anyone, even bellamy dragged on and on. we need some proper negoitiators and a proper manager to entice players otherwise forget it. look at the 550 page tevez drama its a joke if he wants to come get him if not forget him never mind let me see whats available. wake up city.

Foolish, negotiators have nothing to do with it, Real Madrid got they players they did because they, like it or not, are alot bigger than us. We might have more money, but they have the prestige to attract the players that they are after, They can offer crazy money, CL football and trophies (maybe). The only thing we can offer at our current stage of development is money.

bluebrandon said:

You know what Brandon, your a joke!

These things take time! I think the club are doing a great job setting the bar pretty high and keeping it all out the press.

I'm very confident by the end of this transfer window, everyone will be happy.

(glass half full)

Its just like reading a united website this, unrealistic, whingeing of the worst order.

Why oh why can't our fans remain the legends we were, why oh why does trying to be successful mean our fans are trying to be rags.

The anti everton thread was like a replay of rags baiting city, with the so called city fans acting like wrags and now the fans are whingeing as badly as any rags I have ever met.

I still don't think we are after Etoo

drsqueggy said:
bluebrandon said:

These things take time! I think the club are doing a great job setting the bar pretty high and keeping it all out the press.

(glass half full)
bit harsh there mate, he's right to an extent, its just that clubs like madrid have got the prestige to get players so quick. if/when we ever get anywhere near that, we would have a far bigger pull for players, obviously

wrongun73 said:
drsqueggy said:
bluebrandon said:

(glass half full)
bit harsh there mate, he's right to an extent, its just that clubs like madrid have got the prestige to get players so quick. if/when we ever get anywhere near that, we would have a far bigger pull for players, obviously

Maybe a little harsh but I think people need to have more faith in the club. We are building and in time we will have the pulling power of clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Ac Milian etc etc.

some more info on the MEN....

city are hoping to tie up a deal for stuart taylor the reserve goalkeeper at aston villa.......but what is intersting is this post that a spurs fan posted on the blue moon forum on wednesday....interesting reading.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1121631_blues_eye_villa_keeper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... lla_keeper</a>

he posted on Wednesday saying we would bring in Taylor to replace Hart. He even told us about Barry before it happened. He also say's "Elano is history" and that Tevez and RSC are in the bag. He's one of the few genuine "in the knows" our there. What's funny is that he say he has sources very close to City, but has no clue whatsoever about what's happening at his own club spurs. Thank God he's kind enough to share his info with us! One final point, he said several days ago that unless Eto'o lowers his wage demads, he wont be joining us. However, this was several days ago, so i don't know whether the situation has changed.

listen lads its not harsh and its not a joke. the manager has done a good job and the signings are fine so far. the rsc signing is pathetic its so drawn it i cant believe it if we cant nail this down what chance of etoo. we should stop courting the players we have no realistic chance of signing and obtain players who dont have star attraction but are still very good players and can be made into stars , ronaldo is a perfect example of this. they took a punt and it paid off, imo there are many players on the fringe of greatness who could be prised from there clubs for a lot less trouble who could benefit city just as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.